Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Interior Leds

Old 11-11-2006, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Just got done doing all the LEDs inside the car that I think I'm planning on doing for a while.
What I've done:

Custom underseat LEDs (under seat and under dash, both sides)

Window switch LED mod

Door handle LEDs

Rear speaker LEDs (not visible)

Custom made vent Angel Eyes

Did everything myself, bit by bit over the course of time, and now I think I'm finished with interior LEDs for awhile.
I had a lot of fun taking the picture, and it turned out really well, so I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/Str...le/IMG_6890.jpg
Old 11-11-2006, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Dude I give you some credit that does look really nice for just light mods to the interior. If you put gauges a switch panel and a head unit your interior would light up so nice. I Like it man, good job!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:53 PM

Glow Needles

do it now[/arnold]

you change the color of the stock lights and you will be REALLY happy. looks soooo much better than the stock white.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:29 PM

^^^ Tried that, looked horrible. I got the blue ones from AutoZone, but then realized they didn't have the 73 size blue, so I had to get them online, then I had 2 different blue colors, and looked terrible. I didn't even bother installing them completely, saw it looked horrible from the start. Where's the best place to get dash lights that look good? I got the 73 size from light lens, will their 194 color be the same as the 73? It appeared the same as the Autozone ones online, but I couldn't really tell.

I wouldn't mind doing the needle LED mod, but I don't really want to take apart my cluster, then try wiring things up in it, that's a bit beyond my knowledge, plus I drive it every day... I wanted to get the EL gauge cluster from DTN, but I think he bumped the price up on that one. I have to check.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:32 PM

Dude, that's so awesome. VVVGJ.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:36 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Nov 12 2006, 12:29 AM)
^^^ Tried that, looked horrible. I got the blue ones from AutoZone, but then realized they didn't have the 73 size blue, so I had to get them online, then I had 2 different blue colors, and looked terrible. I didn't even bother installing them completely, saw it looked horrible from the start. Where's the best place to get dash lights that look good? I got the 73 size from light lens, will their 194 color be the same as the 73? It appeared the same as the Autozone ones online, but I couldn't really tell.

I wouldn't mind doing the needle LED mod, but I don't really want to take apart my cluster, then try wiring things up in it, that's a bit beyond my knowledge, plus I drive it every day... I wanted to get the EL gauge cluster from DTN, but I think he bumped the price up on that one. I have to check.

You can get 194s at O'rileys. They have blue ones there in stock. at least in Texas they did. It dosn't work and the LEDs are much more blue then the blue tinted incands.

I have EL gauges that will slip on over the top of the stockers, and I have a DIY Needle kit with blue leds backlighting the needles. All you'd have to do is pull the needles, remove the faces and screws, put all the new internals in put it back together, put the needles back on and you're done. $120 shipped for both, $65 shipped for either one.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

looks great buddy!! nice phot too, looks like you could make a nic eposter out of it or something. i wanted an interior like that, but i'm still trying to figure out how i'm going to go about my f2 gauge and decided not to tamper with interior if i'm going to wait for the 2009 tiburon...

my favorite are the door handle LED's. good job.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:43 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you buy them both I'll send it assembled in a cluster housing with a bezel that resembles the stock interior and really looks good with the LEDs. The gauges are ready to go, but the tachometer needle bounces every time you hit a bump. You could just transplant the pieces from these gauges directly to yours..

Maybe we could work something out for a trade.. I would like some rings made.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:27 AM

definetly do the glow needles or buy the ones DTN is selling, They come out so good, i did them and have loved them ever since
Old 11-12-2006, 01:14 PM

Thanks for all the comments guys.
DTN, I would like to work something out, I've wanted better gauges for some time. Doing things like the angel eyes was about at the limit of my knowledge, so I wasn't really wanting to take apart my cluster and install it myself. Would it be possible for you to install everything in my cluster if I sent it to you? I wouldn't be able to go without mine for a week, but did you say you had an extra normal one around? If so, it may work that we swap gauges while you install the things in mine.
I would be happy to make angel eyes for you to offset a part of the cost. It's hard to get them perfect, so they might not look that great before installing them, but once they're in, and particularly when they're lit up, they look perfect. I use 1/4 inch acrylic for the rings, but even so, it restricts the side vents a little bit from moving to the extreme directions (it can't go allll the way up or down, just the bulk of the way). Installing them is easy, wiring isn't too bad either.