Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Installing Subwoofer

Old 01-31-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

well im installing a subwoofer into the tibby tommorow and was wondering what some good spots to run the power wire through without drilling anything in the firewall... possible? and then im pretty sure i can run the rca and power wires from the back of the HUD to the side of the car without any problems.

just looking for some ideas here, saw the diy on that one passanger side hole that involved some drillling
Old 01-31-2006, 07:28 PM

well im installing a subwoofer into the tibby tommorow and was wondering what some good spots to run the power wire through without drilling anything in the firewall... possible? and then im pretty sure i can run the rca and power wires from the back of the HUD to the side of the car without any problems.

just looking for some ideas here, saw the diy on that one passanger side hole that involved some drillling
Old 01-31-2006, 07:39 PM

Depends on your car bro, i have an 01 and there is a hole right behind the driver front wheel well (you have to take off the plastic guard) where the sunroof drain would be if you had one. It has a rubber cover on it if you have no sunroof, and was plenty big for my cable.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:39 PM

Depends on your car bro, i have an 01 and there is a hole right behind the driver front wheel well (you have to take off the plastic guard) where the sunroof drain would be if you had one. It has a rubber cover on it if you have no sunroof, and was plenty big for my cable.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:58 PM

ya sorry, its a 01 and it does have a sunroof... might be a weird question... but how does a sunroof drain come remotly near the driver wheel well?
Old 01-31-2006, 09:58 PM

ya sorry, its a 01 and it does have a sunroof... might be a weird question... but how does a sunroof drain come remotly near the driver wheel well?
Old 01-31-2006, 10:38 PM

I think there is a hole on the drivers side of the firewall, that has a little rubber plug in it...if that helps. fing02.gif
Old 01-31-2006, 10:38 PM

I think there is a hole on the drivers side of the firewall, that has a little rubber plug in it...if that helps. fing02.gif
Old 01-31-2006, 11:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Coupe 1997

I was in the same boat and talked to the pros about where to run the wire.

Basically they laughed at the suggestion of going through the firewall and explained the solution to me.

1) jack up car, remove passenger side front wheel.

2) remove plastic panel from inside the wheel arch

3) observe the HUGE cavity inside the wheel arch and the large openings that lead to your engine bay and your passenger side footwell .

4) run cable through this space, laughing at how much room you have to spare.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Coupe 1997

I was in the same boat and talked to the pros about where to run the wire.

Basically they laughed at the suggestion of going through the firewall and explained the solution to me.

1) jack up car, remove passenger side front wheel.

2) remove plastic panel from inside the wheel arch

3) observe the HUGE cavity inside the wheel arch and the large openings that lead to your engine bay and your passenger side footwell .

4) run cable through this space, laughing at how much room you have to spare.