Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Installing a sub and amp to the Stock (Clarion) Deck -- Clarification

Old 07-22-2001, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a sub and amp to the Stock (Clarion) Deck -- Clarification

I know this was somewhat covered before but I need some clarification. I have the Clarion Deck that comes with the Tibburon SE. Someone just sold me a Sony XM-4045 Amp and a
JL 12WO sub with a box.
Questions:
1: I paid $180 US for this whole thing. Was I hosed?

2: How hard would this be to install to the Clarion deck?

3: Is there a way to mount this sub box in the back and still at the spare in an emergency?

4: I read a post about a stock deck. Is this the Clarion or the one on the base Tibby? Will I need the parts mentioned in that post?
Old 07-22-2001, 08:01 AM

To install it to the stock deck you will need some other parts that are mentioned in this post: http://www.teamsr.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.c...c&f=19&t=000069
As to the sub and your spare it depends on how big the box is, i have a bandpass box for a 12" sub and it does cover the spare so I have to move it to get to the spare.
Old 07-26-2001, 06:52 PM

Actually.. I won't belive I will be needing it. My car did not come with a Hyundai Stock but a Clarion which is standerd with the Tibby SE apparently...at least mine had one. My good friend checked online with the Clarion Model # (RDX655Dz) and found it to have 4 Channel, 4 Volt RCA Line-Level Outputs. Hopefully this will make the installation smoother...
Old 07-27-2001, 08:23 AM
VIN

If it has rca outputs there is no way that it is a standard deck from the factory, it is definitely aftermarket. If it does have Preouts than the install will be a breeze. I hate hooking up line out converters. As far as the box goes, the floor in the back is just thin particle board. A jl 12w0 doesn't need to large of a box so you might be able to mount it down and still be able to get to your spare tire(I ditched mine).
Old 07-27-2001, 01:36 PM

Well, I checked on the Hyundai web site and the Clarion is standerd on the SE but I guess there is a difference between Standerd and Stock.
Old 07-28-2001, 03:57 AM

Yes it's true clarion does make the decks for hyundai but if it has preouts it is aftermarket or you got lucky. I deffinate way to tell is look at the front of the radio if it says Hyundai it is stock if it says Clarion it is aftermarket. Aftermarket companies don't put their name on the face when the produce it for a certain car company. As far as getting hosed you probably could have chewed them down on the price alittle but not a bad deal.
Old 07-30-2001, 01:17 AM

Talking about stock radios... does someone knows the specs of the Double Din stock radio? I think here in Canada it comes with the SE for 2000+, but I'm not sure. (My Tib is a 2000).
Old 07-30-2001, 03:45 AM

I had a customer with a Tib come in and want a double din put in and I also tried it the best way to say it is it looks like poop. Reason being there is a curve in the radio and it just doesn't look good at all and since the dash peice is also somewhat curved it hits on the side and this causes gapping on the top and bottom. There is thow an adaptor kit for the double din application it gives you an opening for a single din radio and a pocket beneath to hold cd's etc.. talk to Tunez I beleive he can get the or go to Circuit City or Best buy and grab one. The other way to go is to get the dash peice from the factory for a single din that is what I did it costs $60 $20 more than the double din kit but makes the install look much more factory.