Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Installing The Jensen Vm9311ts

Old 03-10-2007, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

I'm drunk. Bear with me. Redz, you've posted drunk, so none of your shit. tongue.gif <3

i posted in the shoutbox earlier and then I went out to the bar, so I missed if anyone anderwed me.

Here goes the quesion.

I bought a Jensen VM9311TS tonight, and i'm going to be hopefully installing it tomorrow, hangover depending. My question is... I know nothing about this shit. So yeah. I currently have a Clarion something or other installed. With the aftermakert wiring harness stuff and stuff... will I be able to install my Jensen without any BS, or will I need to get a brand-speficic wiring harness?

It really sucks sometimes when you know the basics of a bunch of crap, but barebones specific-shit about nothing.

Tibby01 / DTN, you're my heroes. Also, KAW, LNHeart. You guys rock. Help a white-brotha out.

*contiunues to rant on drunkenly*

EDDIT!:

just cuase i can't spell doesn't mean I can't install stereo equipment. i'm gonna go utside and see if i cant find out. but yeh. just in case i pass out in the passenger seat. dont be afraid to answer my wquestion anyway.
oh, and i'll post some pics once it get it installed and all that, since this is the sweetest HU in the world.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:03 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

it's not going to work.. You're going to have to cut wires unless you can find a Alpine -> universal -> JENSEN adapter. It sucks yeah.

The best thing to do is pull out that big install card JENSEN gives you and start marking down colors. IE...
on the ACC wire on the JENSEN, write Orange right on the instruction card. this way you know exactally where to hook up everything and there's no doubt in your mind except those 2 damn .5Ws

Little help with teh schematics..

R= Red
G= green
B=black
BL= blue these two conused me..
BR=Brown
W=white

When in doubt... ie 2 black wires, refer to the schematic, it will tel you if it's a 2 size or a .5 size. theres a few black wires. one's 4 times the size of the other one. I'm not exactally sure what they're talking about, i mean, it's not AWG system, but the .5 is smaller then 2. You will need a multimeter for the 2 rear .5W wires.

SOUND SYSTEM (1)
SOUND SYSTEM (2)

You need to connect the wires using wire crimps, or slip some heat-shrink over the wire, twist them off very well and slip the heat shrink over the bare metal, then melt the heat-shrink over them. Soldering and then heat shrinking would be the best option and would ensure the sound quality is the best. I'm running twisted heat-shrinked wires.

Do not use electrical tape without soldering or i'll beat your Canadian ass. I might be stationed in South Carolina, but I'm from montana and I'm out of the military in a year, it's just a hop, skip, and a jump to Canada.

Btw.. how long did it take to get the heater cluster? I just had Jay-M send me something and it took 8 days for Canadian post/USPS. I sent that package to you through UPS.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:17 PM

Thanks alot DTN. I went out there last night, in the snow and the cold and the drunk, and realized that I would need to start cutting wires so I came inside and went to bed. *laughs* I think that was best for me at the time. tongue.gif

The wire on the Jensen that's labelled something like 'emergency brake,' what should I do with that? Is that the one that makes it so that I can only play DVDs while the car is parked, kind of thing? I heard about something like that.

Oh, I got the heater cluster on... monday I think?

UPDATE
It's installed! It works great. I LOVE IT!
The screen doesn't sit exactly where I want it, so i'm going to have shave down a bit from the sides of the stereo surround, so I can pull it out a tiny bit more.

I left that park wire not connected to anything and I guess I was right. It doesn't play DVDs at all right now. When I put a DVD in, it just gives me the message on the screen, "Playing video while driving is illegal, etc..."

Someone must know what I need to do with this wire. I'm not too concerned about being able to play them while driving, I happen to agree with the laws on that one, but I do want it to work.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:43 PM
DTN

There's an easter egg on my VM9021TS unit which allows you to play while driving. You're SUPPOSED to hook up the pink wire to the e-brake wink1.gif, but if I were you, i'd put it on something else, like a momentary N/C (normally closed) switch. A N/C switch will break the connection when pressed. I think the e-brake sequence is if you start your car with the e-brake on, you have to let go of the e-brake for 2 secconds and then put it back on. It's gay.

Lemme see if there's an easter egg for your car.

ATTENTION TO ANYONE WITH A JENSEN VM9311,VM9411, VM9511TS and/or 9021TS

YOU CAN BYPASS THE PARKING BRAKE SECURITY FEATURE FOR FREE!!!! WITHOUT PAYING FOR THOSE PULSE BOXES OR ANY ADDITIONAL HARDWARE!!!!!

YES THE LITTLE BLACK BOXES WORK....BUT THEY'RE A SCAM CAUSE YOU CAN DO THIS FREE USING THE JENSEN FACTORY OVERRIDE CODE

So if that isn't clear enough, let me further explain. The code is a permanent way of disabling the brake override on the jensen vm series multimedia head- units.

There are two ways of doing this:

Insert the DVD

After the disc loads and plays you will see a blue screen telling you "it is unlawful to drive with a movie blah blah blah"

1)Activate the brake sequence and disable the blue screen using the hand brake, the switch method or anything else to give the unit its three pulses to disable that freakin blue screen.

(What I did was I installed my radio entirely, then took the pink wire and touched for two seconds, removed for two seconds and then touched and held the negative pole of a mower battery laying on my passenger seat until the screen was no longer blue.)

2) Next, on the main remote press stop twice, then 1, 2, 6, 4.

You will now see a hidden menu that says:

Region Code
Brake Override (I know you're drooling by now)
Macrovision (Watch all the burned and pirated movies you want if this option is off)
Loader Version
Model Version

3) Using the right joystick on the unit, navigate to the options of your choice, click on them to toggle on, off or which region code you want.

This is what you want:

Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF

When your done, click SYS SETUP on the main remote TWICE to save the settings and bingo, your done!!! Hooray!!! You can now kill your whole family in the car while watching that adult movie while your driving.....

The other way of doing this is by not engaging the parking brake sequence, thus you're inputting the code blindly.

1) Insert the DVD and you'll get the blue screen.

(If you have more than one tv, the unit itself will have the blue screen but the additional tv's you have plugged in will NOT, they will show the dvd menu. Thus you will be able to see the hidden menu on the additional screens after inputting the code, but not on the main unit because of its blue screen.)

2) On the main remote, push stop twice and then 1, 2, 6, 4

3) Push the joystick on the unit SOUTH twice and then click it once.

4) Press SYS SETUP on the main remote twice to save your settings.

It may take a few tries but you'll get it. This method can be done if you don't want to bother temporarily activating the brake sequence, but if you only have the unit and no additional tv's, its #$%^&* damn hardbecause you can't see the settings your changing.

I tried to make this as clear as possible. If you have questions, private message me or post here.

Best of Luck!

By the way, this is for informational purposes only and I will not be responsible for anything bad/stupid/ignorant you do with your Jensen unit.

You can disable the e-brake message by grounding the wire after you turn on the car.

That should do you.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:02 AM

I forgot to follow up on this thread.
I got everything going, thanks A LOT for your help DTN.
The only thing that was different on my model (for anyone else attemping this), is that once you get to the hidden menu, it's a RIGHT, not a SOUTH (down) stroke. Other than that, everything was perfect.
You're my hero once again, DTN. wink1.gif
Old 03-18-2007, 07:16 PM
DTN

***Later that same day from deep within the DTN cave....***
Awww, come on man..... Now my title says douchebag because of my being a hero?!?!?
Damnit!!!

Psssht.. Whatever... Now I'm going to post this picture whenever I resolve an issue