Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Installing A Cap

Old 08-05-2005, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone, the strangest thing has been happing in my car lately. Every time i make a right turn my sub hits twice as hard??!! very weird! so i cam to the conclusion that its a power issue. So i have a cap that i disconnected for the winter its a 1 fared cap made by Phoenix Gold, and way curious how do i install it and charge it? i'm a little scared of these things there a time bomb waiting to go off. Hope to get some input on this, Thanx fing02.gif
Old 08-05-2005, 09:33 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Don't worry smile.gif .... as long as you have a fuse along your power wire, you'll be just fine.... Isn't the cap already installed in your car? You've mentioned it's only disconnected for the winter, if not let us know more about it.

As for charging it:

- connect the cap's (-) ground and leave the (+) side disconnected for now.

- your cap kit should have come with a charging bulb, if not, you can use any 12v automotive light bulb (ei: dome/map light, courtesy light, trunk light, etc) I made one for charging.. it's basically a dome light bulb with short wires soldered on both side.

- take the bulb and connect it between the (+) side of the cap and the power wire

- the bulb will light up, then slowly dying down as the cap is charging up. Note: THE BULB WILL GET HOT, PROTECT YOUR FINGERS!!! use a cloth or something. If you can make a charging bulb similar to mine, it will help a lot.

- When the bulb is completely off, it means youe cap is charged up. Slowly reconnect your amp (+), cap (+) side and your power wire together.

This is a very easy process... good luck
Old 08-05-2005, 10:01 AM

Cool! thanx a bunch man! this will make things ALOT easier for me, and ya i had it installed b4 but i took all my stereo stuff out for the winter and now that summers here i just haven't had the chance or knowlege of how to do it. Much thanx hail.gif
Old 08-05-2005, 10:03 AM

There seems to be a bigger problem here than a cap will solve, fix the problem before you install the cap. Describe exactly what's going on and I can probably help you.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:08 AM

well i listen to my stereo fairly loud. and i started to notice in the last couple weeks that everytime i make a right turn my sub will hit twice as hard as it usally would then when i straighten out it calms down a bit? very odd if u ask me. I was thinking its a power thing cause it never used to do it before when i had my cap in. Maybe the battery? its the stock one i have in the car now, planning on getting the 6 pack design soon. well i cant think of much more then that, let me know what u think.

BTW
i will be putting in my cap this weekend and ill let u guys know what happens.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:45 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

disconnest you batt before you hook it up and 2check to make sure u did not reverse the poliarty +to- and -to+ ... and run a fuse on the + side so you dont cook it in a power spike. They do happen
Old 08-11-2005, 03:24 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there

One question why would you take out your audio equipment for the winter?

Just wondering?
Old 08-11-2005, 04:34 PM

sounds to me like you have a loose speaker wire above all else wink1.gif
Old 08-15-2005, 08:52 AM

the reason why i took out my stero equipment is because i live in Ontario and it gets COLD out and id rather have my sub's and speakers and such inside not having to worry about the rubber seals breaking or cracking with the tempature change... if that makes sense?