Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Indiglo Dash

Old 07-27-2001, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indiglo Dash

DAMN These things look good.. I just installed my Indiglo Dash I got from E-Bay, and it looks really freaking cool.. Anyone else have one of these? I will have pics up as soon as I can figure out a way to upload them.. Only took me 2 hours to do it.. THANKS TO ALL WHO DID THE SR GAUGE INSTALL!! There is no way in hell I could have done it without ya'll.. Happy Day!!

~Late
Old 07-27-2001, 09:23 AM

I'm gonna be doing that install pretty soon too . . . any tips for wiring the switch/power?

thanks,
Ed

TSR 117
Old 07-27-2001, 09:41 AM

I too just installed a set of APC SpeedGlo gauges - SWEET.

Even though the directions clearly stated to not use the dimmer switch, I hooked mine up and they work just fine. If you use a test light to determine which line is the true power line and thereby not affected by the dimmer you should be OK.

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: CyberGreg ]
Old 07-27-2001, 10:51 AM

Actually, I rigged the hell out it.. I put the power wire to the wire that is only hot when the car is on from the...... radio.. wink.gif
Other than that, you have to drill holes in the back of the dash to put the cables through. Oh, and you have to put the gauges over the stock gauges due to the fact the new ones do not come with the oval shaped info thing (Air Bag, Cruise, etc..) ont eh bottom of the tach.. But I did the whole thing in about 2 hours.. I had never been in the thing before.. VERY straight forward.. I have pics, and I will post them soon.. But it looks GOOD at night..

~Late
Old 07-27-2001, 01:00 PM

I hooked mine up to the power for the cigarette lighter. The reason they tell you not to hook them up to dash lights is because it increase the resistance (ohm load)on the wires. And guys whatever you do please don't use a test light it is bad bad very bad although some people get away with it there is a very strong possibility you will blow out your computer test lights send out a negative ohm load and if the test light that you are using produces a strong enough one it will spike the computer so go and get a multi meter they cost more than a test light but alot less than a computer.
Old 07-27-2001, 01:10 PM

Jaws,

The only reason I used a test light, which by the way will never hurt or damage anything is to check which wire was effected by the dimmer, that would be the wire with the lower voltage and the wire not to use.

It runs on 12 volts, not plutonium
Old 07-27-2001, 01:26 PM

Listen I didn't mean to start a war but you are wrong. Trust me I am a master certified mecp installer and have been doing this for 10 years I would not put something like this on here if it was not true and if I didn't know what I was talking about they are very bad to use on the newer cars because they are all computerized and yes they do read 12vlts but the also send out a negative resistance and the computer can fry because of this. And please don't think I was insulting your intelligence this is something that alot of people don't know.
Old 07-27-2001, 01:30 PM

Damn, I thought I was going to get hell for putting it on the radio... smile.gif
Old 07-27-2001, 01:41 PM

Nah that's not a bad choice as long as it's the keyed power not the constant. And you might want to watch if you add amps or if you already have them some amps draw alittle more than normal power from the remote turn on wire and it might cause you to pop a fuse so you might have to upgade your fuse by 5. But other than that no hell for you lol.
Old 07-27-2001, 01:53 PM

I did upgrade the fuse, and I also put an inline fuse in the line to the gauges.. I have done a few other things that way before (other cars) and I have never had a problem.. I have ran an amp on the keyed power of a power antenna before.. I thought that was pretty Jedi.. Drove it for 2 and a half years, and it never gave me a fit.. Gosh, I love wiring..

~Late