Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Illuminated Push Button Switch Wiring Help...

Old 02-17-2007, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased some of the illuminated push button switches shown below several months ago. I finally am making the time to install these with some vent haloz and some under the seat lighting. Does anyone have any experience with wiring these types of switches? Its hard to tell from the picture, but there are 2 larger posts and 3 smaller ones...one large one has the + sign by it and the other the - sign. Its extremely difficult to read but the smaller post appear to have C2 by one and it looks like NC2 and N02 by the other 2 smaller ones. Can anyone explain what should be hooked to which post?
Thanks in advance for any help or information.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:31 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Quick class on switches.

NO = Normally opened (push button, that contact goes on)

NC = Normally closed (push button that contact goes off)

Contact is what's going to the contacts. usually either power or ground. When you flip the switch, The center lead will connect to either NO or NC.

There should be an explanation for you somewhere on the packaging. It dosn't sound like a lighted switch. It would be difficult to make a informed judgement with the info provided.

if you write everything that's on the switch and switch packaging, i will be able to tell you how to hook it up. If you can just find a model number, that would be enough to do a lookup on the net.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:55 PM

Sorry, forgot to add the pictures in my original post.

Here's a link to the switches on the company who manufactured these web site:
Illuminated Push Button Switches

Information on the base of the switch: ONPOW LAS2 3A/250VAC
These arrived nicely packed in a styrofoam container, no labels or wiring diagram.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:08 PM
DTN

ok, now looking at that, it would appear, from first guess, the terminals on the edges are for lighting and the 3 in the middle are for contacts

center would be the power or ground input and the NO would be the "on" lead, NC would be the "off" lead. Try hooking up a 9V to it and see if the illumination comes on.

and from what I'm reading it's a LED, so if the 9V dosn't work one way, it will work the other. I can't really tell you much. The company does not publish their datasheets as american companies would. I'll tell you for sure you've got a switch and 2 leads are your lighting.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:26 PM

Okay, I got a 9v and made contact with it and the outside posts. The ring around the center button lit up as expected. Now from looking at the other 3 contacts it appears they are in this order: C2, N02 then NC2. As you can probably tell, I suck at electrical stuff, still learning and learning a lot with every project. I'll end up having power and a ground coming in and the power and ground going out to the vent haloz, can you tell me what posts these 4 connections should be made with and do I need an additional power and ground coming in for the outside posts which light up the switch (I assume this would mean the switch would be lit all the time)? If I want the switch to only be lit when the button is on, do I just use a jumper between the NO2 post and one of the outside posts?
I'm sure your finding these questions to be pretty dumb, but as I stated, I'm not very knowledgeable about electrical stuff. Thanks a ton for your time and help.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 AM
DTN

Hope this helps