Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

i need some advice with my audio

Old 01-24-2005, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need some advice with my audio

right now, everything in my car is stock, except my hu (Panasonic CQ-DF903U).
now, i was wondering if memphis audio was a good brand to go with? i was originally going to go with audiobahn, but i've heard too many mixed things about them. around where i live, all i have heard is positive things about memphis, and i wanted to get other peoples' opinions about them before i purchased anything. thanks.

edit: along the same lines, what are you guys' recogmendations when it comes to replacing the 6x9's and the fronts? im not looking for something super expensive, but at the same time i want something of high quality. also, with just changing out the stock speakers, should i get new wire and an amp? i appreciate all of your help, i'm not too bright when it comes to car audio
Old 01-25-2005, 10:09 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

never heard of them
Old 01-25-2005, 03:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I have, seems to be a popular brand around here in NM> They make some REALLY nice FLAT speaker wire, great for under carpets.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:11 PM

well you have to take a step back and look. I've heard great things about both. I've also heard crapy things about both. But i wouldn't own either of them. Just like some people say rockford is great. Some products are good and some are Junk. You just have to do your research. Everyone has their likes and dislikes when it comes to stereo equipment becuase there are sveral hundred different brands. But everyone here knows what i like. But remember opinions are like assholes everyone's got one.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:39 PM

QUOTE (solo-baric)
well you have to take a step back and look. I've heard great things about both. I've also heard crapy things about both. But i wouldn't own either of them. Just like some people say rockford is great. Some products are good and some are Junk. You just have to do your research. Everyone has their likes and dislikes when it comes to stereo equipment becuase there are sveral hundred different brands. But everyone here knows what i like. But remember opinions are like assholes everyone's got one.

Thats true! Everyone has a diff opinion on everything. Like when i went to look at stuff for my tib they wanted to sell me Alpine. I know alpine is good had read tons of reviews on them but i will NEVER buy Alpine. Just one of those things. So to each thier own. But i have heard postivie things about both brands. A friend of mine runs 2 Memphis 12's in his maxima and it hits close to 160db with a kicker amp! Good luck choosing!
Old 01-26-2005, 04:49 PM

key word there. KICKER
Old 01-26-2005, 05:06 PM

QUOTE (solo-baric)
key word there. KICKER

Yea Yea... We dont live far from thier headquarters so we can normally get stuff pretty cheap at thier plant! Always have liked thier stuff though! They make a good quality product!