Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

I Need Led People

Old 12-30-2006, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

OK so I got some neon tubes for xmas. They are 4 12" optix red tubes. I have the front two installed and they are fine. The back two, however, are impossible to do. Wondering if anyone has a good idea on how to put them on. Now the real question is i have all of these long wires going into this single quad socket adaptor. Everything is hidden, you cant see a single wire anywhere but i was wondering if there was any way to make it operate by a switch. Also, is there anyway to make it have power from any other source other than the cigarette lighter? It would be a lot easier if you could so any help would be appriciated. Thanks
Old 12-30-2006, 06:03 PM

yea you can do both ways you want to do
you just cut the sig inlet there will be 2 wires one + one - you tap them to your radio - to black + to red
and then put the switch on wire that + that tapped to red from radio
usually switch have 3 connections 1. source (that will be your + from radio to leds 2. ground you can tap another wire to same black one from radio 3. is on source (still your + that going from radio to leds
now all you have to do is cut that + wire that you ran from radio to leds somewhere where you wanna put switch and put one end on 1 connection and second end on 3 connection
easy but make sure before you do it you disconnect your battery and also insulate everything verry good smile.gif so you would not make any short there smile.gif that's how i'm running all my lightning inside , almost everything goes from radio smile.gif so far so good smile.gif
ok i hope it helped ..
Old 12-30-2006, 06:34 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

go to napa or advanced auto parts and buy a fuse tap. you can run power from the fusebox using a fuse tap. it's the cleanest way and you fuse your stuff at the same time.

Also, you can put a switch anywhere to break power.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:55 PM

yea it is safer but then he have to run that wire thru firewall what i think will be hard for him 02.gif
plus if something is gonna go wrong still radio fuse will blow
Old 12-30-2006, 08:11 PM
DTN

No, the fuse tap fuse will blow.

there's a fuse panel inside the engine bay. he wasn't really clear on what he's done or trying to do. I don't even know if he knows what he's trying to do. The main unit should be located in the passenger compartment near the center of the vehicle or under the dash so it can be turned on and off from a switch. which means he should run the wires out a grommet somewhere.

You can hide wires all the way out to the trunk and then run the wires out a grommet in the bottom of the spare tire well. Use zipties to hold the tubes up and you can drill into the spare tire well if you need more places to put the zipties.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:17 PM

wow thanks a ton. I will get on that tomorrow after the Bengals game. So will i have a total of 4 switches or 1? but yeah if i have any problems i will post them here tomorrow but thanks a lot.

and i forgot to ask, do you have the bars and if you did where did you mount your rear ones?
Old 12-30-2006, 09:46 PM

you can have a switch for each one or jsut one for all.

for just one it goes ++++++++++++switch++then out to all neons

for a switch for each it would just be like +++++switch+++++to one neon

hope thats clear? and for rears if youre looking to light the floor id go under the rear of the front seats. you could go under the back seat but i think youll be able to see the tube.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:46 PM
DTN

I think i already answered your question. If they're going on the outside of the car, use zipties and drill under the spare tire. under the seat you'll be fine using sheet metal screws.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:51 PM

The remaining two 12" tubes are going under my front seats but glowing to the back. I cannot find a place to screw these in however, that was why i was asking if anyone knew what i should do with that part.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:13 AM
DTN

remove drivers seat, screw sheet-metal screws into floor board, replace driver's seat.