Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

I need help with gauges!!

Old 08-23-2001, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with gauges!!

I hope I put this in the right place. It's not really a question about an interior mod, but it has to do with interior stuff.
I want to get these gauges from the aftermarket company online. They didn't make anything for the Tiburon, so I contacted them and told them that I had a 2001 Hyundai Tib and asked them if they could do mine. At first he said that he couldn't do it since he didn't sell them for the Tiburon, but then once he found out that I was a repeat customer many times over, he agreed.
But, he said that I had to send in my factory gauges for him to be able to make the template, thus making my gauges. Problem is, I can't send my gauges in because then I won't be able to drive my car. He said that the overall time of making them and shipping them out to me would be about a month. So, there is no possible way that I could send my factory gauges in.
Since I don't need another set of factory gauges more than a month, I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on them. I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on what I could do? I know about copartfinder, but I'm not keen on having my credit card number floating around out there with a company that I don't know too much about. Is there any other places that I could look?
Anyone willing to sell there 01 factory gauges or let me borrow them? Hehehe...I'm desperate here guys. sad.gif
Any info would greatly be appreciated.
Old 08-23-2001, 02:51 PM

Hey man I don't think you realize how close you are to answering your own q1uestion!! How about Sharkracing.com They have: 2000~2001 Tiburon
Blue on white, blue on silver available. Problem solved. HondaEater
Old 08-24-2001, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Lookup Tigger. I had sent him my old stock gauges. he might be done with them, then you could use them.

if not, anyone here who has the Shark Racing Gauges installed should have access to their old ones.
Old 08-24-2001, 01:15 AM

Random - that's the thing, I need someone willing to let me borrow them..but I don't know if anyone would let me. sad.gif I would only need them for about a month total and then I could send them the gauges back. I would need them for 00/01 5 speed tib Anybody??? sad.gif
Old 08-24-2001, 03:04 AM

Ever though about just photocopying them at 100% and send those in? Would that work? Or you could just order them from SR. I did and I love 'em!
Old 08-24-2001, 03:36 AM

Not sure if the copying would work, but I've found another place for my gauges. I just have to be patient. wink.gif Don't get me wrong, I love the SR gauges, it's just that I want them to be REALLY customized!! We are talking about customized markings and lettering..colors.. But like I said, I think I'm gonna go with this other place, but I just have to be patient until everything is ready to go. Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!