Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Hypothetical Question - Car Audio Experts Only

Old 03-14-2013, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Hypothetical Question - Car Audio Experts Only

I don't have any problem that i'm trying to solve. I was seeking opinions on a hypothetical scenario. Say you have a 2way system. Now imagine that the high and low filters are an absolute cutoff freq. So assuming the xo point is 4k for both drivers, that would mean that nothing below 4k gets to the tweeter and nothing above 4k goes to the woofer. The question is: Would it be possible for phase problems to occur? Remember, that the 2 speakers will never be able to play out of their specified range.

I would say no, and that you could have the 2 speakers mounted wherever and aiming wherever and as long as directionality is not an issue they would be essentially in acoustic phase even though they may be way out of phase. Any opinions?
Old 03-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You lack understanding, grasshopper. You have out of phase crap bouncing all over your car, depending mostly on frequency (wavelength) vs. locations and angles of reflecting surfaces - and you don't even notice! A car is not the place to worry TOO much about the last drop of sound quality.