Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

How ya wire them suckers?

Old 10-09-2001, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How ya wire them suckers?

I took off the piece to get to my back 6x9 speakers to my 97 tibby fx. I am just baffled how I'm going to wire a system to that thing? How the heck do I sneak the wire to my trunk. I know I have to unscrew the speaker to hook up the wires, but I have no idea how to get them to the trunk.. so if anyone can give me a simple way, I'm all ears!

~Drew
Old 10-09-2001, 02:53 AM

Well, I don't have direct experience with the tib, but...

First off, why aren't your amps in the trunk?

Well, obviously the factory has a wire harness that goes back to the trunk. Follow it. If you can't follow that because you need room for more wire, start by removing the back seats, and look for other opportunities to run wire back there. Rear decks are usually pretty straightforward to run wire to. On a Kia Rio that I did, the wire goes behind the seat and goes through the deck itself. The Tib is bound to have plenty of places to get into the rear deck. Just look for 'em.
Old 10-09-2001, 02:58 AM

The speakers for the tibbys aren't in the back, but on the side, so I have to pull off the side panel to get to it.. but I dont see a way to run the wires back to my trunk. I just cant see a place to run the wires.

~Drew
Old 10-09-2001, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

You run them behind that plastic panel. It is a piece of cake. Just use a coat hanger to fish the wire through.
Old 10-09-2001, 05:52 AM

There is no wiring for the speaker that go to the trunk the go up to the front so don't try to follow them or you will get pi$%ed cause your not going where you need to be. Take the speaker out, fold down the seat, take the black peice of plastic that the back dash rests on, and pull back the carpet you will see a hole to run it threw what Random said will work but if you do it this way it might take alittle longer (15 min. and removal of 4 screws) to do but you can see whats going on and properly route the wire to your specifications.