Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

How To Hook Up Acc Wire To Alarm?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hooked up the blue/black wire (which powers my hvac) to my acc power line of my RS. After remote starting, I still get no blower speed working. Do I have to connect any other Accesssory lines besides the blue/black one?
Old 01-06-2009, 03:29 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

The HVAC doesn't work when the key is on ACC... so that wire has nothing to do with ACC. Use the ACC wire in the ignition harness.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:30 AM

Sorry for the confusion, radu. What I meant to say was that my remote starter/alarm has a white wire (on the main 6-pin harness, together with power -red-, starter, ignition, ...) which is labeled in the manual as "Accessory" and is described in the manual as the wire which powers the heater/blower motor. I know that the hvac doesn't work on the acc position. I'm confused..

12volt says that the accessory wire is the blue/yellow wire. I believe that this is the ACC wire in the ignition that you were talking about; this wire does not power the blower
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1114.html

BulldogSecurity says that the accessory wire is the one that controls the blower motor (there are 2, according to their page - blue/black & light blue/blue):
http://64.85.6.121/diagrams/diagram.asp?Mo...mp;link=BULLDOG

So which one is the accessory wire which is supposed to connect to my "Accessory" wire in my main alarm/remote starter harness? The manual would suggest that it's the Accessory wire that powers the blower motor. 02.gif
Old 01-06-2009, 08:25 AM

on my remote start the white wire was for second accessory. and it was optional. but i hooked it up since the12volt listed the sec acc. in the ignition harness.

also on my remote start i could choose to have the white wire to be acc/or 2 other things i cant remember. but if the one you have doesnt do the same then dont worry about it.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 AM

Thanks gophins. I think we both have the same type of alarm: Ultrastart. I think I remember reading your post on your alarm instal questions. I bought my Ultrastart from tibbymat; AWESOME buy!

Anyway, I can also choose to have white wire as second acc, second ignition or 2nd starter. What did you choose it to be? In case you chose it to be 2nd accessory, where did you connect it to? I mean, you say that 12volt lists a 2nd accessory, but I don't see it; I only see that they listed only 1 accessory wire. (http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1114.html)

[edit]
Alright, I found the problem ... the "Accessory" wiring colour codes as described in both links I posted above (ie. bulldog and 12volt) are wrong. They are CORRECTLY described in ... guess where ... rdtiburon fing02.gif

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=20345

The thread says that it's for a 2001 tib, but the wiring colour for the Accessory wires is the same for the 99, apparently:

Accessory # 2: wht/blu - I connected to the white acc2 of the Ultrastart
Accessory # 1: red/wht" - I connected to the green acc of the Utlrastart
Old 01-06-2009, 01:15 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Oh got it, sorry. Glad you found the problem, you can never trust wire colors, always check with a multimeter smile.gif
Old 01-06-2009, 07:46 PM

yea i noticed the wiring was a little different from your year or tiburon. mines on 01 and on the12volt listed it a little better. then the 1999

yes i have an ultra start i think its the 3277 not sure though. i was going to get mine from tibbymat but the shipping made it more so i just went to my local ultrastart dealer.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:08 AM

^^ I can't stand the shipping costs!!! But even worst are the customs fees when I buy from the US mad.gif

QUOTE (radu_rd2 @ Jan 6 2009, 03:15 PM)
Oh got it, sorry. Glad you found the problem, you can never trust wire colors, always check with a multimeter smile.gif

Yeah, the multimeter is my friend wink1.gif

Thanks for your help, guys fing02.gif