Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

How Do You Fiberglass Your Whole Hatch Area?

Old 10-07-2005, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen fiberglass enclosures on here and other websites that will hold subs and everything but they are small. I want to fiberglass my entire hatch area have my subs and amp in it. How would I do something like this. I've seen pictures of cars with the whole hatch fiberglassed with huge enclosures but i don't know how i would go about doing this. Can somebody help me with this. Thanks
Old 10-07-2005, 09:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

go check out the DIY forum here. then check DIY websites and links. theres a good site in there that very specifically shows you how to work with fiberglass.

if you want to do your whole trunk, it will be a lot of work. take care of all the big flat surfaces(trunk floor) with a large peice of mdf board. also make an amp rack out of mdf board and screw it into the bottom peice. then just start fiberglassing the hell out of everything.

you really just have to be creative. there are no real instructions for doing this.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Yeah, check out that link and 2 things...

1. You must be patient.

and

2. Be ready for a lot of work.