Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Help Wiring A Switch..

Old 08-15-2005, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

okay, so I have the rear fog switch from europe and I want to wire my angel eyes to it.
i've already established what all the wires are, but I don't know how to connect it up so the switch has power so when I push the button I can give my angel eye power and have the switch's "activation" light come on (if that makes sense) .. do I need to find the schematic and follow it to the rear fog light relay (whereever that would be) and power that directly to my haloz? confused..
thx
Old 08-15-2005, 06:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

no. do you have a harness for it?

the haloz take up so little power that you can run them straight through that switch, no relays needed.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:02 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

yup it uses little power wire it right into the switch
Old 08-19-2005, 10:47 AM

yes I wire them into the switch, but it doesn't do anything. I don't think that the harness is getting any power, only the illumination is working on it.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

did you put a fuse in for the rear fog lights?
Old 08-21-2005, 08:17 PM

yes.....there isn't a spot for one under the hood, but the fusebox in the cabin has an R/R FOG, which is also tied into the map lights and sunroof, so it was already there.
however, there are 2 blank spots for fuses under the hood, is it possible one should go there? there is no metal contacts for the fuse to grip into though.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Did you use a test light to verify you are getting power? You can also use it to find which wire is your ground. Also, if there are no metal tabs in the the fuse holder, you may be out of luck for the easy fix. On the other hand, it should just be an easy on off switch. use your test light to figure out how to wire it and you are set. Also, If I were installing it, I would consider a relay and fusing the lead to the halo's. you are better safe than sorry, especially since you are running power to the engine bay and the outside elements. A short in the future could fry your halos AND that hard to get European part.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:42 AM

no, I'm not getting power....hence the reason they aren't working.
The illumination works.
So should I cut the wire and tap into a 12v source like the parking lights? I'll get a multimeter and find out what gets continuity when the switch is activated and not, but does that tell me what wire I give the switch it's constant power to, or where I connect the haloz?
What I want is for it to work just like the front fogs, they only come on when the headlights are on, but I want these to only be able to turn on if the parking lights are on .. this will prevent me from leaving them on all the time, plus it will be easy to have them flash with my alarm if they are working with the parking lights.
If I take a pic of the wires and tell you guys what the continuity is with switch in/out can you tell me where to put everything, I suck at this. lol.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:54 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats exactly what I did with my LED's. I tapped into one of the parking lights and into a relay. Do that and then send the accessory wire(the power) from the relay to the power input on your switch. your relay will only activate when your parking lights are on/flashing, hence, your switch will only activate when the relay is closed, making your halos activate when both the relay is triggered (by your parking light) and your button is pushed on.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:15 AM

....i tried to do this, but now that I think about it, would I need to ground the wire also, i mean if there's no rear fog fuse and/or relay then it's probably improperly grounded also...meaning it didn't work when i tried because i never thought to ground it right