Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Help With Remote Starter

Old 12-09-2005, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So bought my Tibby with an aftermarket remote starter (Directstart CS-400, I've pulled the brains out due to this issue) which worked great for the first week. Now when I try to start my baby, the lights blink 4 times (after finding a manual online, this indicates that the hood is ope). My question is where is the actual hood pin sensor. I hve located the wire that the starter is spliced into under the dash, and that conneciton looks good. I am hoping that the actual switch.sensor is just stuck or dirty, but I cant find its location under the hood. Any help would be appreciated, especially because it is extremely cold in the mornings up here in VT, the remote start would make them soo much easier.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

we dont have a stock hood sensor, so nobody can help you. it had to be an aftermarket install, which just about limits it to somewhere in the engine bay...lol

sorry man.

check around the hood latch, hood hinges, and all along the metal sheet that runs across the top of the bumper.