Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Help a dumba$$ pick his amp.

Old 03-15-2003, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a dumba$$ pick his amp.

I am going to buy an amp for my front and rear speakers for my 01 Tib here soon and wanted some input. Thus far I have a Sony CDX-CA850X headunit that goes to a Sony XA-300 that gives me auxiliary inputs so I can hook up my iPod, which goes to a Sony CDX-757MX 10 disc MP3 changer. I have Sony 6x9s in the rear, Sony 6 3/4 in the front doors, and the dash tweeters are stock. I have an Apline S10 sub in a sealed enclosure and it's ran off an Alpine V12 mono amp. I guess my question is, should I get a Sony 4 channel amp to run my door speakers, or should I stick with Alpine? So far I think my system sounds great. I don't notice any distortion and the mids and highs sound like I want them to. I just want to get an amp that will mate the best with my door speakers.

Also, what difference should I expect to hear once I do amp the front and rear speakers up?

Thanks!!
Old 03-15-2003, 05:45 PM

Go with Alpine
Old 03-16-2003, 04:38 AM
Mav

My buddy goose has the 500 watt or so xplod amp, and it's pretty darn good for the cost. Though the alpine would be a ton better.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:10 AM

Alpine..........defineately!!! Alpine makes a great ampilfier.My other suggestion would be Fosgate.

You're front/rear speakers will sound much better being set up on an external power amp.But, even more importantly, make sure you use appropriate crossovers.Also,make sure you have the balance between front/rear set up correctly, for proper sound staging/imaging.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:12 PM

MADTIB,

Thanks for the input. Currently my Alpine amp has a built in crossover which is very adjustable. My deck also has built in lo pass and high pass filters though they are not that adjustable.......I believe 75 and 125khz and that's it. It gets the job done so I don't think I would need anything else???
The Sony deck also has a built in Dynamic Soundstage Organizer which I absolutely love. It balances the sound out evenly making it sound like your a in the middle of all four speakers!!

Anyway, this stuff isn't my forte, nor do I really care for it to be. I just want something that sounds better than stock and I think I have accomplished that.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:25 AM

Yeah,it sounds like you have pretty decent stuff.I'm into all the custom hi end car audio stuff,so it's easy for me to rattle off all kinds of outlandish/somewhat outlandish stuff.But,from what you describe it sounds like you have what you need to make things solid and sound good enough for your taste.