Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Help with car audio

Old 06-01-2004, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know much about car audio and want to get subs, but i am not sure about some stuff. I have a JVC KD-LX111 head unit and have 2 Pioneer 6 3/4 4 way and 2 Pioneer 6 x 9 3 way speakers. The head unit and speakers are not installed and i am not sure if subs would work well with that head unit. I am wondering if you guys know what type of speakers came with the stereo upgrade for the car. I just started looking for some subs and have found a couple packages online and would like to know what you think of them.

The first 2 are from best buy and they are Pioneer:

10in package - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...06&type=product

and 12in package - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...08&type=product

The other is from crutchfield and is Sony:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3EJ2fCPNp8v/c...1&avf=N&search=

Which one do you think would give a more crisp sound?

Thanks
Old 06-01-2004, 12:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

id say pioneer > sony.

if you want to buy packages from those places, expect to pay much more than just searching for the individual parts.

comparing subs with head units is not really valid. it all has to do with the amp you're using to push the subs, and the quality of the signal going to the amp from the head unit.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:30 PM

well i think my head unit has pre output for rear speakers. would i use that for the amp?
Old 06-01-2004, 03:17 PM

If your hu has no sub woofer pre outs,then you can use the rear pre outs.As long as you are not planning to use an external amp for the rear speakers this will work fine.Otherwise,it will not work very cleanly as for using the front to rear fade on the hu.

And actually, the hu does have alot to do with the way things will end up sounding.The deck,cd player,or as I like to call it, 'head unit',is just that.It's the head of the system.If it has crappy quality then it don't matter how expensive and nice of amps and speakers you use.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, the hu does have a lot to do with things. i was referring to how he said "this head unit with that amp and sub". kinda made it sound weird.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:46 PM

True.Sometimes it's difficult to get people's exact meanings on things when you are typing. :?