Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Help!

Old 03-29-2013, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Help!

I have a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon with a 12" Audiopipe sub and a 1000W Konaki amp - nothing fancy. I'm fairly new to the whole car audio thing, and it seems to be draining a lot of power from my alternator. I bought the car in 2008, with what I assume was the original alternator, which was replaced in 2011 with an alternator bought at Autozone (I installed the sub in 2010). Since then, I have had to replace my alternator twice. Any suggestions on what to do? Right now, my sub isn't hooked up. I'm not sure if I need to go with a high output alternator or install a capacitor because I don't feel like I'm requiring that much more from my alternator? I also have a pair of angel eye headlights sitting around that I need to get installed, and I haven't done that for fear of killing my alternator. As I said, I'm new to this whole thing, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Go to somewhere other than autozone for your alternator. NO JOKE. They are know to sell crappy alternators that prematurely fail. I am part of another car club and quite a few members have had problems with them. After switching to another store/brand, all problems seem to go away.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

My car has had at least 7 alternators, a few from Hyundai, a few reman'd by refurbishing companies, the last few refurb'd by me. Some of RDs eat em up, and I don't know why but at least it's easy to change out.