Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Head Unit problem...(I think its a problem with my wiring)

Old 12-10-2004, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Adults only Forum? *Post here for access*

I just noticed today when comparing my deck to my friends in his prelude(he has an older pioneer deck, same as mine basically, with a few less functions). Anyhow, I noticed that the way I have mine set up, I can't change the bass coming from my subs the way he can. When I change the bass, I have to use the option that increases the bass on my whole system(which can distort the sound coming from the front speakers if I have it too loud) He can turn the bass up on the subs separately using the deck. I'm not sure how I have it wired wrong, but I am not able to do this. I have the menu on the deck that does it, the exact same one as on his deck, but mine doesn't do anything when I move the settings to + or -. Any help?
Old 12-10-2004, 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Adults only Forum? *Post here for access*

Check the back of your head unit to see if you have 2 sets of rca's (one for non-fading). If you do, switch them and try it again.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Re: North East Meet DECEMBER 19TH

Yup, what you are describing is the remote subwoofer level control.The only way it'll work is if you have the rca's connected to the sub out/non-faded output and then to the sub amp. Just like Casper said, take a look and make sure you are using those outs of the hu.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Superchager too much for the engine?

I have 4 RCA's, but when i plug the RCA cables into the other 2 holes, in the same configuration that I have them now, the subs just make noise. (Right now I have them plugged into 2 wires coming out of my deck that say "rear"
Old 12-15-2004, 07:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: 97-99 tiburon new body kit sponsorship

You have 4 RCA ports on the head unit, correct? The one says rear... whats the other say.

You should plug into the non-fading ports. (you are looking at the back of the head unit, correct? Not the cables in the back by the amp.)
Old 01-02-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: New Decal Design Contest...

I have 4 RCA's coming out of the back of the HU. Then I have 2 wire RCA's coming out of it that are labelled rear. When I plug my subs into the "rear" thing, they make music. In the other RCA's, the subs just constantly hum?
Old 01-03-2005, 07:00 AM

Default Exhaust Leak! Help me please!

If you only have 4 rca's on the hu, then you most likely do not have non-fading subwoofer outs.You have one set of front and one set of rear.

The reason for the subs making a hum noise when you connect them to the front outputs could be a couple things.The RCA ground shields on the hu could be bad.Or, the ground shields are touching something metal in the dash.The best thing to do is to use electrical tape,and tape off the RCA ground shields between the RCA cable and the connector on the hu.

If you want to have remote subwoofer level control like your friend, you'll either need a new hu, or get a subwoofer processor that has remote level control.For example, the Audio Control Epicenter.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: Exhaust Leak! Help me please!

make sure there isn't a "Sub" connector instead of just the front and rear. I had a friend install mine, and I couldn't control the bass. I took it apart and was looking at it, and noticed he plugged it into the "REAR" and there was a place to plug it into "SUBWOOFER" .... I plugged it into the Subs and was able to change the level after that.

That was on my Sony CDX-M630