Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Has car audio technology peaked

Old 07-26-2016, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default Has car audio technology peaked

Compared to 10-15 years ago, it feels like car audio tech has reached its peak. You could probably make amps run cooler or have bigger power and you could make speakers have bigger magnets or voice coils but how much more can technology get better? Maybe theres some higher end tech for the guys who have massive installs and compete in competitions but for the people who just upgrade the tweaters, mid bass and subs in their daily cars, I dont really see any one tech being better than the next. Do you agree?
Old 07-26-2016, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

What hasn't been invented yet, you can't imagine or else you'd be busy inventing it instead of saying nothing new is coming out. There are incremental improvements constantly, and features are added all the time, but nothing world-changing has gone into mass production in the last few years in terms of basic technology (that I've heard of).
Old 07-26-2016, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

Clarion just released lossless FLAC auido in their car stuff. There's a couple boxes that have microphones to better tune the sound that are pretty new. A "perfect" sound depends on the listener.

I don't think amps and speakers have advanced much in technology..

Polk has a patent on some laser calibration stuff.(5 years or so now)
Old 07-26-2016, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I see smaller and lighter, possibly CAN communication in aftermarket stuff as the next thing.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I think you'll start to see some pretty cool stuff in the head unit market but for speakers, subs, and amps...nothing that will break the industry and cause a huge uprise over it. CD players are going the way of the cassette deck. Many new cars dont even come with them anymore. It's all either USB, internal hard drive, micro SD, bluetooth or satellite.