Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Got Them Installed.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, I got the relays installed today guys, both sets.

WOW!

Everyone is gonna want a set. TOmorrow or sometime this week I'll get the DIY's posted for them.

1. Sunroof Relay kit = One touch tilt for sunroof, one touch full open for sunroof, auto close after you turn the car off.

2. Window Relay Kit = One touch down for either window, one touch up for either window, auto close after you turn the car off.

I have to adjust the window one so that it'll work right, but I tell you what, it's cool as hell, and works perfectly.

Sunroof relay required a bit of work, maybe a difficulty of 5 out of 10, and one wire to cut and splice 2 times.

Window relay was VERY easy to install, 3 out of 10, if that. Hardest part is running the power wire.

Anyways, I figured I'd let you guys all know since everyone wanted to know about them. Hopefully we can do a GB on full kits for this full setup SOON.

BTW, next Kspec.com GB has been confirmed for next month...
Old 04-18-2005, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

thats awesome. the moonroof (NOTICE I SAID MOONROOF, NOT SUNROOF tongue.gif ) one is a great idea.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:37 PM

HMAService.com says Sunroof man. And they even call it a SUNROOF relay.

Idiot.

tongue.gif laugh.gif ninja.gif
Old 04-18-2005, 10:39 PM

I'm very interested in that window relay. Let us know what's up Redz smile.gif

what's the difference between moonroof and sunroof?
Old 04-18-2005, 10:47 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Apr 19 2005, 12:39 AM)
I'm very interested in that window relay. Let us know what's up Redz smile.gif

what's the difference between moonroof and sunroof?

i did a search, i knew this was asked, because i asked it a while ago. here's the response i got

QUOTE (Xyrnx @ May 24 2004, 04:08 PM)
"Sunroof" is the generic term used to describe an operable panel in a vehicle roof which can let in light and/or air. "Moonroof" is a term created by Ford in the 70s, yet is now used generically to describe glass panel inbuilt electric sunroofs.
Hmmm, so all moonroofs are sunroofs, yet not all sunroofs are moonroofs? We found further clarification -- "sunroof" is the term originally used to describe a metal panel that would only allow light or air in when opened. A "moonroof," on the other hand, is a glass panel that can allow light in even when it is closed (provided, of course, you slide back that nifty fabric-covered panel to expose the glass).
True sunroofs, those made just of metal, appear to have gone the way of 8-tracks in automobiles, and these days, most "sunroofs" are really "moonroofs" -- panels of tempered glass, usually tinted, that tilt up to allow a flow of air, or slide back into the roof entirely, giving the car occupants a brief but tantalizing glimpse of life in a convertible.

hmmmm

i guess i forgot what the answer to that was... i guess we have a sunroof... i've been calling it moonroof.

i'm a moron

now, lets stay on topic yup.gif
Old 04-18-2005, 11:18 PM

Nice! Love to see this happen should be able to plug into my alarm and be able to control them from there also if i wanted to!
So whats the next GB from KSpec? Or u ganna keep that a secret too like the OTHER fenders!
Old 04-19-2005, 12:02 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

ooooh, that window one sound nice!! is it a complete replacement for the panel?? that would be awesome since mine's been kinda finicky lately anyways. sticks down and doesn't pop up, makes window angry and they refuse to work for 30 seconds.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:05 AM

QUOTE (draguntib @ Apr 19 2005, 05:18 AM)
Nice! Love to see this happen should be able to plug into my alarm and be able to control them from there also if i wanted to!
So whats the next GB from KSpec? Or u ganna keep that a secret too like the OTHER fenders!

Finally dude, omg we were waiting for you to finish up the relays.

So sign me up for the window relays, it's gonna be summer soon and I love riding with my windows open, but they need to close before I take the key out off the ignition, it's a PITA.

DIY about it would be great dude

can't wait
Old 04-19-2005, 07:51 AM

QUOTE (draguntib @ Apr 18 2005, 11:18 PM)

Don't know how it'll work with an alarm, but I know that mine roll up when I get out, so that's good enough for me. LOL

Next GB is VHR Clutch kits, FULL SETUPs, approximately $550 shipped, for 10.

QUOTE (Supercow @ Apr 19 2005, 12:02 AM)
ooooh, that window one sound nice!! is it a complete replacement for the panel?? that would be awesome since mine's been kinda finicky lately anyways. sticks down and doesn't pop up, makes window angry and they refuse to work for 30 seconds.

It's not a replacement, you have to plug it in to ther back of the switches. I'll show you later.

QUOTE (ViperĀ® @ Apr 19 2005, 12:05 AM)
So sign me up for the window relays, it's gonna be summer soon and I love riding with my windows open, but they need to close before I take the key out off the ignition, it's a PITA.

You'll love them.

David should be sending me a box soon with about 10 to 20 of them in there. Look for pricing to be about $45 per set, because of the poor dollar to won ration.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:10 AM