Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Gauge recomendation

Old 11-25-2003, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Hi i just received my OBX dual A-pillar pod and i can't make up my mind on what gauges to buy other than an A/F ratio gauge. I am getting the Autometer C2 series and they have Pyrometer, Water Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure. What do you think would be more appropriate for a RD2 NA only tibby. I was thinking Oil Pressure but?

Any comments are welcome

Thanks
JD
Old 11-26-2003, 03:35 AM

exhaust gas temp would be nice, i guess.. fuel pressure wouldn't kill ya either.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:12 AM

oil pressure used to be included in all sporty cars.. until people started to complain that something was wrong with their cars because the pressure would drop at idle.

I kid you know. Fiat used to include Oil Pressure gages in their spider.. until 1979 when it had a slight facelift and a bigger engine. Then they dropped the gage. I was talking to an ex-fiat mechanic.. he said they used to get at least three or four people a week complaining how the oil pressure was low... and in reality all that was happening was that the pressure would drop at an idle instead of the 40 pounds or so it ran at while on the highway.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:18 AM

i just got some cf gauge cups from autometer (3) i am planning on going with sportcomp voltmeter, af ratio, and pyrometer/egt. but b/c i'm also looking at an safc II, i may skip on the af and go with something else, maybe intake temp?
Old 11-26-2003, 06:27 AM

I do not know about gages themselves... but these are the ones I am going to be using on my new dash (when I get it done!)

Auto Meter’s rich Carbon Fiber series says it all. This unique collection of instruments features an actual carbon fiber dial face, lustrous anodized aluminum bezel, and the ultimate in race-proven technology. The popular 5" Monster tachometer available in this series includes the trademark Auto Meter Shift-Lite and “Dial-in-Exactness.” 3-3/8" and 5" dash mount tachometers and speedometers are available as well, for a bold look in any vehicle.

Tach

Speedometer

And oil pressure (the rest look similar)

I am slowly going for a black, dark green (painted dash same colour as the car) and a polished aluminum look for my interior.. These SHOULD look nice and give me more of an idea of what the car is doing.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:19 AM

Those are nice....I really like those.
Either those or the Cobalt series....I am a sucker for blue. laugh.gif
Old 11-26-2003, 10:49 AM

call me "old-fashioned" or even "fast and the furious" (LOL) but i'm down with the ultra-lite (truly only cuz thats what i bought and i dont want to mismatch my next ones

PS: on my elantra i had bought an A/F gauge but after i hooked it up it would not sweep right back and forth..it would kida sit with one lite lit and twitch and when i turned something on or accelerated (NOT WOT) it would twitch in some direction. i'm guessing some kinda electrical interference..any one know? hopefully if i get it for my tiburon, it wont do that.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:22 PM

I am old school.. I admit it. I grew up on cars with individual gages.. Nice round ones with either chrome bezels or black. I even remember tapping on the temp gage on my fiat to get it reading in the morning when I turned it on.. I also like to know EXACTLY what my engine is doing and the stock gages do not do that.. but, unfortunatly I do not like a piller pods either.. so that leaves re-engineering the dash...
Old 11-26-2003, 05:25 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I am following your project Mad-Machine. Can't wait to see it when it is done! I will dig up all my stuff on Saturday and let you know what I have.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:35 PM

It is going to be slow Java.. I know that.. maybe a gage a week and then a couple of weeks between the speedo and the tach.. those two are expensive. Two gages I am going to gut and use to house the warning lights.. so they will be the cheapest ones I can find from the series. Maybe tomorrow I will try and draw up what I am planning on doing...plus that will give me more of an idea what will fit and what won't