Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

gauge faces for 1st gen?

Old 01-26-2004, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

What does fit those?

The gauges aren't the same between the gens, they won't fit eachother.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:22 AM

Default how to get your car to easily shift into reverse.....

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
What does fit those?

The gauges aren't the same between the gens, they won't fit eachother.

What is the difference....like I said before, some sites say 99-01 but they don't fit 97...look identical, what is the difference?
Old 01-26-2004, 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Voiddweller)
What is the difference....like I said before, some sites say 99-01 but they don't fit 97...look identical, what is the difference?

Well, they do look similar, but they aren't exact. 90% of the time I've seen the ones that say 99-01 and they are made for the 1st Gen. BomZ is really the only exception to that rule as far as I know.

The difference?

The 1st Gen doesn't have the pin holes in their gauges. If you cross the gauges on gens the idiot lights won't line up right. The speedometer will be off about 4 MPH.

They ARE close, can be MADE to work pretty well, but your idiot lights will half light up the wrong space and your speedo will be off a bit. Also, you'll have to cut a hole to install them on the 2nd gen for the speedo pin.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:40 PM

Well, how would one work and one not....they should line up or not.??
Old 01-26-2004, 04:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you dont have to cut a hole in the new faces. just cut that little pin thing off and superglue in a different spot on the stock faces(so that it lines up with the hole on the new faces). and i did something that almost works perfect in regards to the wraning light problems. i just cut up the old faces. little circles around each warning "window" and then tape them to the back of the new gauges.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:59 PM

Default Classics!

Yeah, but you shouldn't have to do that Tibby, that's the point.

Void, I don't understand.

Here's the problem..

Company A makes gauges, they get a gauge cluster for the 99 and make gauges for it. They assume the next Gen is the same because they look so similar. They market them as 99-01 (Or stupid non-existant 02). They fit the First gen (97-99) perfectly, but not the 2nd gen (00-01).

Company B maks gauges, they get a gauge cluster for a 00 and make gauges for it. They assume the previous Gen is the same because they look so simialr. They market them for the whole set, 97-01 (Or 02) but they don't fit the 1st Gen correctly.

The Idiot lights (Warning lights, such as Low Oil, Check Engine Stupid Light, Seatbelts Aren't On And you won't Survive a Impact Light) won't line up correctly and 2 will be lit instead of one or the wrong one will be lit.

Company C makes gauges in Korea. Company C imports the gauges to the US. Korean Tibs don't have Cruise, so the imported gauge faces don't have them on there. The Korean gauges are also in KPH but they don't care, so we don't get MPH.

Does that splain it better mang?
Old 01-26-2004, 08:42 PM

basically.. they are cashing in on a fad and they do not care what they do as long as they make a buck for as long as they can do it without putting another dime into the project.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
basically.. they are cashing in on a fad and they do not care what they do as long as they make a buck for as long as they can do it without putting another dime into the project.

Perfectly put.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:55 PM

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
Yeah, but you shouldn't have to do that Tibby, that's the point.

Void, I don't understand.

Here's the problem..

Company A makes gauges, they get a gauge cluster for the 99 and make gauges for it. They assume the next Gen is the same because they look so similar. They market them as 99-01 (Or stupid non-existant 02). They fit the First gen (97-99) perfectly, but not the 2nd gen (00-01).

Company B maks gauges, they get a gauge cluster for a 00 and make gauges for it. They assume the previous Gen is the same because they look so simialr. They market them for the whole set, 97-01 (Or 02) but they don't fit the 1st Gen correctly.

The Idiot lights (Warning lights, such as Low Oil, Check Engine Stupid Light, Seatbelts Aren't On And you won't Survive a Impact Light) won't line up correctly and 2 will be lit instead of one or the wrong one will be lit.

Company C makes gauges in Korea. Company C imports the gauges to the US. Korean Tibs don't have Cruise, so the imported gauge faces don't have them on there. The Korean gauges are also in KPH but they don't care, so we don't get MPH.

Does that splain it better mang?

BINGO!
Best explaination there Redz!!!
For me in Canada, KPH (K-Spec) is perfect, but I TOTALLY forgot about the cruise thing until they were installed and I was testing out the BROS gauges, and I was like DOH! But it's all good, I rarely use it, and we have the cruise light on the button, so it's fine.
laugh.gif
Old 01-27-2004, 06:36 AM

Yeah, I got that.....I was just wondering if there is any way to know for sure because some say 99-00 but when I ask they say won't fit a 97 and that makes no sense and unfortunately most of them do not know which bezel the proto was made from.....LOL, I think I will just get blue LEDs and be done with it....everything else lights up blue in the interior anyway.....unless I get this GB deal going that I am working on.