Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Gauge face stop pin

Old 02-28-2005, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Gauge install with pics

Ok so i got my white face gauges off ebay (i know i know) and they look great. they are regular glow gauges bc i dont like the reverse glow crap. they came with instructions with pictures and i spent like a couple hours taking the dash and everything apart, and they all fit great except for the speedometer. the stop pin for the speedo is like 1/8th of an inch off. did any of you have this problem? if so what did you do and if not what do you reccomend? id hate to just poke a new hole in the gauge face cuz then i would have a unused hole. i was thinkink i could drill a new hole into the plastic behind the gauges to fit the stop pin, if this is the solution what size bit should i use? i can get pics if they are needed.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i would just take the stop pin outta the cluster, cut the bottom of it flat, and dab some superglue on it. then just hold it through the new face while you put the new face over the old one. it will bond to the old face right where you need it to.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:07 PM

ok thanks, so take the stop pin out and super glue it to the old one? is that going to be strong enough to hold the needle? i shouldnt take the old gauge out? thanks for the help
Old 03-01-2005, 08:40 PM

that needle barely rests on the pin. it will be fine. dont superglue it drivetly to the old face though.

put a dab of glue on the end of the pin, and pull the other end through the hole on the new face. then just stick the new face into position on top of the old one, and the pin will get glues exactly where you need it to be on the old one.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:01 AM

ok man thanks, at first i didnt really understand what you were saying but i read it a couple more times and it sunk in. ill try that thursday on my day off and let you know if i have anymore questions. im happy that i dont have to throw out my gauges or something like that. thanks tibby01
Old 03-02-2005, 12:20 AM

np, i realized while i was typing it that it would sound confusing, but there really wasnt any way around it. lol.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:44 PM

Hey tibby01 i am finally going to do this and i dont know where to get the power for the gauges, i know i could just get power from anywhere but i want it to light up when i turn on the lights. i figure youd know which wires to tap to do this. i was going to IM you but i can never catch you on...

if anybody else knows feel free to chime in...
Old 03-22-2005, 05:06 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

for my gauges, i just put i wire down to the fuse panel near the pedals. i think i hooked it up to the audio one. (15 amp maybe?)

works fine, and the fuse has never blown. i'm sure there's another way, but i suck at electronics tongue.gif:
Old 03-22-2005, 05:13 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

i had the same problem. be careful when you try to take that damn pin out. i broke it in half..so i heated up a safety pin and jammed it through the middle of the pin then. you'd think it would look ugly, but it's so small you can't even tell.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:17 PM

if you want, you can tap into spots on the back of the cluster. for the positive wire, you can simply just strip the end and screw it down. for the negative wire, you SHOULD solder it into the solder joint i pointed too, but i guess you could twist it into the negative spot on the bulb holder right there. just follow the circuit....

big picture...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/lui...11/DSCN0144.jpg