Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Fusion Car Audio?

Old 11-21-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Well their stuff kinda looks like the alienware of car audio. I have never used any of their products before but since deciding to enter amateur SPL class next summer I decided I needed a parametric rotary EQ for tuning.

I was gonna get a phoenix gold one for $100 but I clocked this on ebay and ended up winning it for $49.95 shipped, which is no mean feat as it sells on amazon for $180 and carries a EQ active XO *and* 8 volt RMS line driver which should help me get a couple more DB.

Anyone used fusion? gotta say it looks really nicely made....

Old 11-21-2006, 10:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Huh, looks intense. I've never gone that deep into car audio. I can setup, wire, and run street systems all day, but I've never done competition stuff.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:33 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

My 6x9's are Fusion & they're good. I know a few people with Fusion 12" subs & they have all been happy with the stuff.

I'm not much of an audiophile so I'm sorry I can't give you any better info or advice.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:39 PM

ive installed some fusion stuff and its been good. i think youll be happy with it. audio competition is a lot of fun and almost more fun to wire it all up and squeeze every last decibel out of it
Old 11-21-2006, 10:43 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

EQs are great tools! I used to have one for my old sound system, but I got rid of it with the old system. My new system has an in-deck crossover system and my amp has a low cutoff so the crossover is kinda not nescessary.

With your system you need to get deep bass and if you can manage to get a 10hz cutoff and a 100hz low bandpass you should be squared away. Tuning is always fun though. I could mess with my sterio system's tuning for hours and still not be done.

I don't know if any amplifier can handle 8VRMS, usually RCAs push 1-2V. It may be a bit too powerful of a system. I personally perfer slide bar EQs with at least 8 bands. This system is kinda minimal and a bit too powerful. By powerful I mean it will cause distortion whenever you turn it up.

I'd go with a alpine like this one. It looks good, feels nice and should do everything within industry standards, 1-2V not 8V. This way you can crank up the bass's,mids,trebbles as you'd like to hear them and it will allow you to turn up and down your subwooofer inputs from the front.

Alpine's ERE-G180 1/2-DIN graphic equalizer offers exceptional system control in a compact package. In addition to 11 bands of equalization, the unit boasts high-pass and low-pass crossovers, three sets of preamp outputs, subwoofer level control, subwoofer phase switch, and a handy input level indicator. The built-in BBE sound processor adds clarity and power to your music by adjusting phase relationships and pumping up bass response.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:51 PM

link and price DTN? I'm curious, even if I don't run at that level. smile.gif
Old 11-22-2006, 07:45 AM

I won it on ebay. My phoenix gold amps can take 10v pre's so thats no problem, hey, you got what you paid for back then.

I mean consider that my ZX200 amp was $430 for a 75w (on paper) amp. Capable of 1ohm mono.

The ms2220? about $600 for a 20 watt amp, capable of 900 watts RMS @ .25 ohms.

The line driver is fully adjustable anyways, and they say youre better off peaking at around half of the head unit's volume so you dont get any clipping, so itll just make the sweep quicker and shorter..

I dont have a choice tbh, first off I cant fit the phoenix gold EQ-215x anywhere because I am out of space and I need it at the front. I dont like sliders either they always tend to get staticy as they age..

It's gonna take some gain matching but I reakon it should be good, I mean going by the price new theyre not cheap smile.gif

Thanks for the replies btw !

Just did some homework, the 8v line driver is purely for the subwoofer outputs, so the PG amps wont be getting the extra boost..

Will be nice, can do the gain matching at the front then instead of faffing about opening the trunk all the time.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:45 PM
DTN

Guess you're squared away then pandy.

Link to the EQ I posted

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-ERE-G180-equali...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-23-2006, 08:08 AM

wow thats gone high in price smile.gif

Berlin is about 10 minutes away lmao.gif

The fusion one i got was $49.95 shipped, and its already on its way smile.gif

Cant wait.. I fitted the video and audio filters last night 'cos this head unit isnt the best in the world. Totally fixed the problems tho, so that was cool smile.gif
Old 11-23-2006, 08:18 AM
DTN

audio video filters? what kind? Line noise?

BTW.. have you any experience with boosting radio signals aside from modifying electronics inside a deck? I'm running the stock antenna which was fine for the stock sterio, but since I changed the deck the signal isn't as clear as it used to be.