Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Found Kenwoods

Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

So when installing my dad's actuators, i came across a pair of kenwood speakers attached to some converters on them in the elantra. i read max peak 100watts. to my knowlege they are of no use in that car, and at the same size can transfer to my car.

i'm upgrading my head unit to pioneer, output 200watts.

i don't have any figures to show, but from what you can derive are the kenwoods better than stock? i don't know much about speakers, but this is a free "upgrade" although I would think the higher the peak the better.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The higher the peak is not nessesairly better. They could be 20W RMS for all we know. Try googleing the model # on the back of the kenwoods to find more about them. Typical all after markets are going to sound better than the stock speakers, but you dont know what they have been through. (Ex. they could be blown)

Best way to find out would be to install them and listen. Your ears will tell you more than anything someone can on a fourm.

Goodluck.