Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

flip down TV

Old 07-17-2001, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flip down TV

hey i was told by someone that it is impossible to put a flip down tv on the inside (on the roof)of my tibby...is it true and how do i get the roof off.....i am going to put it in my self. cause if it is possible i am goign to go back and tell them that they suck......or something

well if someone has one please send me pictures to see what it looks like and let me know how to do it
ok thanks
Old 07-17-2001, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Batlord, Long, Tunez or 2000Low&ShowTibby would be best at answering this, but I will give it a shot.

In the stock headliner...there is not enough room. The Flat Panel would stick out the bottom. Not that it would be ugly...but it would stickout more than the stock Sunglass holder does.

In the MOONROOF version...you MIGHT be able to do it, but it depends on where, and if there is MOONROOF motor/wiring in your way.

All things are possible if you spend enough $$$. I'm sure a Pro install place could do the install, and make it look like a million bucks...and cost about that much too! wink.gif

If you are doing it yourself...it will look as good as your skillz.

Also..keep in mind per most states law. The screen must be behind the drivers seat if it can operate while the car is moving. If it is in front of the drivers seat, it cannot be powered unless the emergency brake handle is engaged (5-speed), or the car is in park (auto-tranny).
Old 07-20-2001, 08:33 AM
VIN

If you don't have a sunroof or moonroof it shouldn't be too difficult to install, also depending on the brand, style and size of the monitor. I would suggest an audiovox, I have installed multiple audiovox monitors and they have very good picture. I would say take out the domelight and pull the headliner down, the domelight would have to be permanently removed and then cut about a half inch piece of board cut about the size of the monitor or just large enough so that the screws will line up with it, double stick tape it to the where the monitor is going to be and replace the headliner. Than just screw the monitor up(make sure the screws aren't too long of course), you may have to trim out the plastic piece on the top of the monitor so that it will contour with the ceiling. Hope I've been some help.
Old 07-22-2001, 06:32 AM

ys you have...those guys just pissed me off so i am going to get the audiovox one....cause it was slim in size and it wasnt to much money......ok well if u have any pictures of em i would love to see and when i get mine installed ill send pict...ok kew
Old 07-25-2001, 03:58 PM

how about the Kenwood eXcelon KVT-910DVD? it's a single-din DVD player. awsome. touch-screen. "The separate "hideaway" module has audio and video inputs for everything from a video game system to a portable MP3, MD, or tape player. You can even add an extra video monitor for your backseat passengers with the composite video output."

Old 07-25-2001, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Originally posted by thor:
how about the Kenwood eXcelon KVT-910DVD? it's a single-din DVD player. awsome. touch-screen. "The separate "hideaway" module has audio and video inputs for everything from a video game system to a portable MP3, MD, or tape player. You can even add an extra video monitor for your backseat passengers with the composite video output."

It's a good thing to buy if you have $2400 laying around and you have nothing to do with it. eek.gif

*ha ha* Anyway....I think Bat Lord has that one. He got a good deal on it though, the lucky jerk! tongue.gif Some peeps have all the luck! rolleyes.gif