Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Finding Wires To Connect To

Old 04-20-2008, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'm trying to install my keyless entry system, and I want to be able to hook it up to the parking lights, horn, and dome lights. I need to find specific places to connect the control unit to, and if I need to do relays or whatever else, be sure to mention that and I can do it. I'll copy what the directions say about the wires from the control unit, because they're pretty confusing.

White wire - Parking Light Relay Output (+12V 10A output) [it does have a 10A fuse already inline with it]
Connect the white wire to the parking light wire coming from the headlight switch. Do not connect the white wire to the dashboard lighting dimmer switch. (Damage to the dimmer will result). The limitation of the White wire is 10A max. Do not exceed this limit or damage to the alarm and parking relay will result.

Brown wire - (-) 200mA Horn Output:
This wire is provided to use the existing vehicle's horn as the alarm system's optional warning audible device. It's a transistorized low current output, and should only be connected to the low current ground output from the vehicle's horn switch. When the system is triggered, the horn will sound.

Violet wire - (-) 200mA Dome Light Control Output:
This wire becomes grounded when the dome light controls circuit active. The current capacity of this wire is 200mA. This wire can control the operation of the interior lights. An optional 10A relay can be used to this system for interior lights operation

All wording left intact, sorry for the Asian way of saying stuff...
If anyone has any idea of where I should hook up these wires, I'd appreciate it! Also, If I need relays hooked up, let me know that too.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:46 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

White wire goes to pink wire on your marker lights. There's other places, but that's the easiest to access.

Brown wire can hook up to the wire inside the steering coloumn. I don't remember the color.

Hook up a relay to the dome lights door switch switch. I think the dome lights are low activated which means they need ground to operate. I don't remember the color, but the easiest place will be right at the sunroof console or dome light if you have one.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:34 PM

White wire:
What pink wire, and where? You gave me a cool idea though, I think I'd prefer to hook them up to the marker lights rather than the parking lights. Any best way to do this?

Brown wire:
In the steering column, you mean where that removable surround piece is? Can't find anything in the manual for wire color or anything...

Dome light:
You're recommending I tap in directly to where the dome lights are, or by the switch on the door? Seems the switch may activate the red door light too, but maybe if I hooked both of them up it could look ok?
Old 04-26-2008, 07:44 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Apr 20 2008, 11:34 PM)
White wire:
What pink wire, and where? You gave me a cool idea though, I think I'd prefer to hook them up to the marker lights rather than the parking lights. Any best way to do this?
Use a blue wire tap. Blue is the proper size for the wires in that area. I was talking about the pink wire that powers the corners marker lights.

Brown wire:
In the steering column, you mean where that removable surround piece is? Can't find anything in the manual for wire color or anything...

I've got that wire tapped and ready to go once I switch my motion sensor over to alarm power instead of hardwired to battery. Anytime anything moves too close to my car my horn will sound. I had to disconnect the wire because it even did it when I was driving. I'll check on that and see if I can get you the wire color when it's light outside.

Dome light:
You're recommending I tap in directly to where the dome lights are, or by the switch on the door? Seems the switch may activate the red door light too, but maybe if I hooked both of them up it could look ok?

Yeah, tap at the switch that enables the door open to turn on the dome lights.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:28 PM

the12volt.com

Will tell you every wire to go into and about where it is located. Color to
Old 04-26-2008, 09:51 PM

For the dome light, I just tapped the negative side on the dome light itself. Works nicely, and doesn't interfere with anything else.
I decided to probably avoid the horn, just because of annoyance...
I still don't see any pink wires... In the engine bay, right? If I tap just one, will the other one activate too, or do I have to tap both?
If I'm tapping a wire, I usually strip a section of it and solder a wire in there, then cover it with heat shrink or electrical tape.
And now I just have to get my trunk popper to work right... Works about 20% of the time, the other times it just pulls and doesn't seem to be strong enough...