Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Fiberglass Enclosures How to Info?

Old 09-21-2002, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberglass Enclosures How to Info?

Anyone know how to work with fiberglass enclosures? what is needed to form an enclosure and sound quality & durability v.s. standard box set ups....

Old 09-21-2002, 01:56 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

I don't know that I would reccomend doing it yourself.... I'm in the process of have some custom work done right now, (I'll post pics when it's done) ... but it does not look as easy as all the DIY guides show it to be. I luckily have a friend who is in university for fine arts specializing in fibreglass sculptures, so this is easy for her.

Kick panels may be easy cuz they are small ... but the sub enclosures are another story, for me at least.

[ September 21, 2002, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Neo_Tib ]
Old 09-24-2002, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I highly reccommend doing it yourself. It just takes a little practice.

go to the fabrication forum at carsound.com and read up for a while and follow other links you find both here and there to various how-to's and you will be fine.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:35 PM

I basically am interest for two reasons I have someone in mind to do the work but if not to difficult I figure why not give it a shot or a least have a hand in the process, there are a lot of people in my town that over charge and provide minimal work.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:52 AM

Fibreglass is not for everyone. It's messy, hard to handle, and you need a large ventilated area to work in. The fumes are toxic, and the resin is going to go through a couple of sets of work clothes unless you're one of those people who never drip ANYTHING. (I'm not.)

That being said, I found it very worthwhile to do my own fibreglass work. That way I got exactly what I wanted, and saved a bundle of cash, in the process. I know that my sub boxes are very strong, and can handle whatever I'll ever throw at it, and more.

The price of fibreglass work is often very expensive, because it's time consuming, and the pros want to get paid well for their time. Doing it yourself saves a lot of money, and can get you very good results. You need to experiment with different techniques, but eventually, you can get what you want from the fibreglass, get a fantastic install, and save a lot of cash.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:54 AM

I guess it's time to get dirty then wink , and thanks for the advise and link www.carsound.com.

Old 10-27-2002, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

lantra98-

plz e-mail me asap.
random@hyundaiaftermarket.com