Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Factory Reconditioned Amp

Old 03-30-2008, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I am working on finishing off my stereo, and that requires a 4 channel amp. I found a site that sells factory refurbs from brands such as JVC and Infinity at 70-80% off the retail price

Do you think its somthing I should consider, or do I need to man up and buy a new one at a much higher cost? I was planning on Infinity, just because I have had such good experiences with thier Speakers. Any other brands of amp/sub I should consider?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:04 AM

Vehicle: 99 rd2 coupe 1.8

Mate, if the amps have been refurbished with original components to exact spec, then you are laughing. I will rather buy something second hand than brand new. For instance i have an audiocontrol dqt wich i picked up for $150 aud, rrp 999AUD. Or my old rockfords a 250m and a 250m2. They retailed back in the day at 1000 usd each, u still have to pay the same today to get the equivelent. The only thing i recomend buying brand new is ur head unit and speakers of courese, unless they have been rebuilt.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:42 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

As long as they come with a refurb warranty/guarantee, Id say please pass along the info!!! Hell yeah, I would be interested as well. I need to get a 4 channel to replace my old Precision power from the early 90's!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:31 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I got a refurbished JBL GTO75.4 II off ebay. It's a nice 4 channel amp, check it out. I was able to purchase a year's guarantee with about $14, so that was definitely worth it.

Some people say that a refurbished product is tested twice (once when it's new and second after it's been refurbished), so some people actually prefer them smile.gif I wouldn't go that far, but like I said I am very pleased with mine.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:02 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

if they do use factory parts when fixing it then ya i'd definitly go with a refurb for that price. If you dont mind me asking though, which site is this? was planning to put something in the jeep or upgrade the tib abit but didnt want to go crazy on the pocket book

thanks