Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

EQ Question

Old 06-16-2013, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Elantra
Default EQ Question

Hello Guys,

I'm a total noob in this department. I know what an equalizer is, I know what it does, boost/cut frequencies. I know what frequencies are and do.

What I don't know is how to properly set my EQ. Been playing with my parametric 3band, but i always find it sounds best as a flat EQ. I must not have a very good set of ears...or know how something should sound. But anyway I was wondering if there is a proper way to go about setting EQ?
Old 06-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If your car actually sounds good to you, leave it flat!

If you think you want a flat frequency response, then a) you're probably wrong and b) go get an SPL meter and a noise recording and set the bands so the output is flat. There's probably a tutorial on google or a video on youtube for you. Most people don't seem to like calibrated sound kit or video (monitors, printers) but sometimes it takes trying it for yourself . . . maybe you'll be an oddball like me and like an eq'd flat sound output from your system.