Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

El Gauge Buzzing

Old 05-05-2006, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So a while back I bought EL gauge overlays from ebay, they were for an Rd1 (which I didnt know when I ordered them) so I swapped my cluster with an Rd1, and now they work pretty well. By question is, how the hell do I eliminate the damn buzzing noise from the transformer? They have two colors, green and blue, and the green hum is slightly noticeable, but the blue hum is very annoying (and I happen to like the blue better). Any ideas?
Old 05-05-2006, 11:36 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

crappy transformers. and there is no changing that.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:23 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

there are different transformers you can buy aftermarket. I noticed the color switching transformer buzzes less then the normal on/off transformer. there is another more expensive type which i have yet to try that comes with a control panel. you can buy them on ebay, there is no reason to match the type of vehical you have. they are all the same.

If you'd like to go with a cheaper route, try mounting it with foam doublesided mounting tape and encase the whole transformer in it. it will provide a bit of shielding for the noise and cause the vibration to be dampend by mounting.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:20 PM

Mine buzzes too... I just mounted it deep in the dash near the firewall. After the dash is put back together, and the car is running, it's barely noticeable... just turn up the radio!
Old 05-05-2006, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I can only hear mine if the radio is off...It's just a slight whinning sound more or less. Doesn't bother me any.