Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Door Panels

Old 04-16-2006, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I am painting the interior of my car today, just wanted a little info on the door panels. They look to be two pieces, like the middle section will come un bolted, is this correct or will I need to mask off some sections???
Old 04-16-2006, 08:22 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Both the middle section (where the handle and window controls are) and the cubby hole at the bottom can be removed from the panel.
Once you get the door panel removed from the door, you'll be able to see all the screws on the backside that hold those two pieces on. There's like 14 or so screws holding that middle section in place.

EDIT:
That reminds me. I need to get some pictures up of my finished interior paint. laugh.gif
Old 04-16-2006, 08:29 AM

thats good, I have a buddy doing the painting for me as I suck at spray painting but he told me all the stuff to get, ie/sand paper and stuff like that but never mentioned anything to mask off areas so I was hopeing that that was the case. I am also going to try and install my LED Undercar kit today, hopefully I can post up some pics of the finished product. Have yet to put any pics of my car up on this site yet. I have a lot on the way so the mods are starting. I have the clear corners and exhaust already installed, have the K-Spec marine blue guages, Gun Metal Tails, Angel Eyes, AEM CAI and hopefully soon enough the diamond plate floor mats all coming within the next month.

By the way, how did the final product turn out for ya???
Old 04-16-2006, 08:51 AM

you have more then me....over spring break all ive been doing is painting and just ordered gauges after so long i finally got the AOS gauges cool.gif
Old 04-16-2006, 08:52 AM

First go here to get the RDT login and password to use for webtec...

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?s...1794&hl=webtec

Then once logged in, Click "Service Information" on the top right portion of the menu.
Then click the "Shop" tab at the top and put in your model, year, and engine.
Then on the left go to "Body(Interior & Exterior)"
Then go to "Hood, Doors, & Trunk Lid"
Then go to "Front Door"
Then go to "Removal and Installation"

And that will give you the steps of what to take out and such, then once you have the whole panel off, you'll be able to see the screws in back that attach all the portions together that you want to remove.

P.S. - make sure you're in Internet Explorer when you log in or you can't use the service info screen.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:03 AM

I'll post up some pictures when I get home so you can see how I did mine.
I'm sure if you search through the Garage, you can find some other peoples too. Might give you some ideas if you are still looking for some. smile.gif

Mine turned out great, except for a couple of lighter spots around the outer edges that I must not have sanded down enough. Eventually, when i've got a couple days to spare i'll wetsand and touch it up.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:05 AM

OT: hope you arent getting streetglow LED undercar kit... it sucks ballz. water gets into the tubes and shuts down the power... i had to replace like 3 of em before i finally said screw it. (oh and the control module goes after a few months... dunno why but it just craps out)... good luck tho
Old 04-16-2006, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hey, you want a RD2 dash? I've got a spare one that you can have for cheap. That way you aren't driving around without one for a week.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:33 AM

The kit I got is made by Lite Glow, it is an LED Undercar Kit with 10 visual flash patterns. I am starting the painting at 12 and I plan on being there for a long while.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:04 PM

Redz... you have the -whole- dash for sale? *perks*