Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Door ajar signal

Old 07-27-2004, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: It's official: I'm rice

My tib did not come w/ one of the little lights on the door....

Im thinking of adding some leds in roughly the same spot.....

Just wondering where I can pull power for this so its only on when the door is open.

THX ahead of time.
(chris or chris, prob) ;-)
Old 07-27-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Re: AirRAm+Strutbar=DONE!!

just a suggestion..... but you could pull it from the door ajar button that is on the inside of the car... well its where the door meets the car (if u get what im saying) its like a little button that goes in and out... there is two or three wires coming off of it i believe.... you could most likely pull power from there... possibly. (you were right, this IS a chris or chris thing)
Old 07-27-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Zefiro body kits...........tracking informations

of course... with hyundai cutting costs by only making one harness whereever possible... there might already be wiring in your door for the light...
Old 07-27-2004, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Door ajar signal

thx mad and cdog,

I've never seen that "button" you are talking about Cdog....I know there should be one (a pin switch???), but could never see it.........is it on the fender side or door side?

And mad thx, but mine seems to be the exception.....The last time i took apart my dash.....I did not see any wiring for the fogs.....so other wiring harnesses may not be standard thru-out all trim levels....

BUT MY tib was built in 7/99 so its prob one of the first few 2nd gens in north america....maybe its the build dates and not the trim levels that determine what harnesses go where......IDK???

Also I had never seen any other not used wiring in my door.....but then i wasnt looking for it either.......

Thanks for trying to help tho guys....but im going to wait for one of the chris' to answer.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default petition to get tiburons turbocharged stock

id say the same as mad, im willing to bet hyundai has some wires in their already.

im sure if you were to take your crash pad off, you would find the connecter for the fogs. i know i found one on the crash pad i got that apparently came from a tib without fogs.

i think the door 'pin' switch isnt even a pin switch. i havent seen one, but i have seen a tab which looks to me like hyundai may use a magnetic reed switch there instead of the conventional pin switch.

here is a shot of where it should be....hmmmm, maybe it is just a regular switch.

when you find the switch, use the wires coming out of it that are not the green/white wires.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:15 PM

Default Re: It's official: I'm rice

cool, thanks,

all of you.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Smoked Taillights *PICS*

I know how you feel.. my 99 was built in may of 99... so it is one of the VERY last first gens..

I just went out and checked my car.. the switch that controls the overhead dome light is the rubber "button" right below the catch for the door.