Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Dome Lights Inoperable

Old 07-11-2007, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever since I bought the car, the dome lights havn't worked. We tried replacing the bulbs and checking the fuse. Still nothing. Suggestions?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

mine didnt work when i first got it and i had the deal replace the whole fixture under warrenty. that fixed the problem but recently the alarm has messed it up and i havent figured out how to fix it. something with a resister blowing up with the doorlocks and domelight supervision cirucuit.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

dome lights might be related to sunroof... which I believe MAY be related to one of the turn signals (as far as pulling from fuses)

Hm... does the door ajar light work on the dash?

Do the dome lights work at all (push the button, or open the door)?

what type of dome light is it? do you have a sunroof?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I have the same problem in my tib. Aftermarket sunroof, no dome light for door or trunk. No light when turning the switch to "on" bulbs are good, and fuses are good. Door ajar light works. Any suggestions!?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:30 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Expanded view: the dash fuse 6 is really all that could cause those problems.

http://hmaservice.com/GRAPHICS/E2/E27B335A.jpg
Old 07-18-2007, 03:31 PM

dtn you always post these and dont give an explanation, i realize what everything is fused to, but i dont know how you would problem solve this, i had this same problem and could not fix this, i change the fuse but it keeps blowing
Old 07-18-2007, 09:32 PM

I have the same exact problem. I took my whole dash off to repaint it. Now my sunroof, dome lights, and digital clock dont work. I'll try the fuse thing i might just have the fuse blown.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 AM

i dont have a sunroof and my dome light works only when it wants too mad.gif and thats on a rare occasion.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:26 PM

i know im not exactly helping but i thought i would add that my dome light had not worked since i got my car either. I bought nice, bright LED bulbs and everything. and then one day after i was playing with it, wondering why one side wasnt working... it was coming on, just really dim. then i screwed the thing back in and put the plastic covers on and VOILA! it worked!

so maybe try just checking the harness and disconnects up in the roof, i think theres a wire loose in mine and that could be the problem with yours too. all i know is that im not taking mine off again for fear of breaking it once more.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:18 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Mine stopped working on one side.

So I drilled 2 holes, put in 2 hyperflux(or whatever theyre called) LEDs, ran the wires through the roof, down the piller to a switch. Voila, instant dome light replacement at the flick of a switch....AND They're blue!