Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

In Dash Multimedia

Old 02-27-2007, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I'm looking for a seven inch fold out, and I'm on a budget. Looking for the best possible bang for my buck, but I also don't want something that will be next to garbage, or stop working in a few months. So far the best option I've seen is the Jensen vm9311ts , although I was considering this but decided against it because as a student, a thousand dollars (with installation and warranty) is just too much to spend on one thing like that.

Also, a friend just gave me his gamecube and a bunch of games and controllers, so I was thinking I would hook it up to whatever screen I end up getting. Not sure how I would power it though? Could anyone point me in the direction of a guide or something that could help me out with that, or even explain it to me?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:23 PM

i have an audiovox pav2000 7" lcd. i got for about 500 on ebay and it is great. it came with everything u will need to hook it up. in adition it came with a hideaway box that ur gamecube can hook up to. it has about 4 rca jacks on that hideaway box as well as the green blue and red cable inputs for hd. it cost me about 150 to have it installed cuz the wiring on that thing is outrageous.

the unit is great. excellent picture, easy to use, plays dvds (burnt ones too) and any cds. the only problem is that it blows a fuse every few months. ive popped both of them going to the tv unit itself, and i just recently had to one by the hideaway box go out. the fuses are only a couple bucks, u can get the fuses in packs for about 5 bucks. in my 01 tib it takes only about 5 minutes to get to where the fuses are, so when they do pop it isnt that big of a hasle to replace them, cuz our center councels come out so easy.

in my garage section on this site i have a few pics of it up...check it out.
-Adam
Old 02-27-2007, 03:34 PM

Adam, I checked out that multimedia player, and it looks to be pretty similar to the jensen I mentioned. I found out that Jensen is acutally owned by Audiovox, so I guess that makes sense. I think I will go ahead and buy the Jensen in about a week. Going to look around during tht time, and if I find nothing better, I'll go and pick it up.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:45 PM

ahh, i acutally didnt kno jensen owned them. thats cool, im sure ull like the unit.

hey if u have any other questions either when u buy or are looking, let me kno ill try to help.
-Adam
Old 02-27-2007, 04:30 PM

actually I do have another question. Does your screen have any problems fitting with the dash? I'm wondering because the knobs and such stick out pretty far on mine, and I'm a little worried I'll get the screen in there, and then find out that it has to tilt down a bunch or it will hit the dash.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:37 PM

mine has 5 tilt modes. 5 is the most verticle and i cant have it on 5 because it does hit the heater/venting controls, so i just leave it on 4. its not a problem, there is probably like 2mm tops between the end of the screen and the knobs. it is very sturdy so it doesnt flop around or bang against the dash when i drive. on 4, i can still view the screen just fine in the drivers seat, it doesnt impare the visability at all. make sure the 1 u buy has the various tilt levels, otherwise it may b under a lot of stress constantly being forced against the dash (like mine is when it is set on 5)
-Adam
Old 02-27-2007, 06:39 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've found the cleanest look comes from a double din dvd. You can get a double din jensen vm9021ts from ebay for the same price as the one you mentioned. I love mine and would never trade it. I had to modify my surround a bit to fit though. Just a idea for you.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I got mine on uBid real cheap. Its a no name, but it has a better picture quality than my friends high end Alpine. Here's my original thread on it. smile.gif
Old 02-28-2007, 05:15 PM

Look at this screen
what do you guys think about that. Sounds pretty good to me....