Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Dash Lights Won't Come On

Old 05-13-2008, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok was driving along the other night and went to hit the rear defrost button but accidentally hit the cruise control button (cruise control unit has been removed on my car) all the lights on my dash and pretty much anything that goes along with it stopped working, also the cig lighter doesn't work anymore and one of my tail lights went out (bulb is fine I checked by putting it in the other tail light) brake lights still work though.

None of the fuses were blown so, anyone know what could be up? fried wire maybe?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:27 AM

I was gonna say to check that the dimmer switch is plugged all the way in. Have you taken the dash apart before?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:56 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Check the fuses under the hood.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:23 AM

^^^ Ditto. The same thing happened to me. Exact same situation, dash out, tail light out, bulb still good... Engine bay fuse was the culprit. When I went over the fuses the first time, I swear there wasn't one blown so I started pulling stuff apart and found nothing, so I drove it around like that. A week later I decided to re-check the fuses.... One was blown. Confused the hell outta me, but I was to happy to care, lol.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:12 AM

dude
its the fuse in the engine bay.

One of the brake lights is out.... so it must be there.

The harness must have gone all the way in our switched with one of the other ones is the dash. Keep in mind it was a first gen with a second gen dash. I never used any of those stinkin buttons. All i needed was tha nAwZ button.

wink1.gif

Let me know how it turns out... ill try and check this thread tomorrow
Old 05-15-2008, 03:26 AM

went thru all my fuses again tonight, the one in the engine bay labeled p/window is blown, it's one of those weird 30amp fuses, it's barely noticeable that it blew, so to check if that was the correct one I plugged in the ign fuse (also a 30am) and turned the parking lights on and everything came up... so if anyone has this problem in the future, check that fuse first. =) thanks everyone