Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Dash Kit Opinions?

Old 01-05-2006, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting ready to remove my crappy stock AM/FM, CD, Cassette Stereo and put in single DIN unit. I've done some searching on the internet and found 2 dash kits, one made by American International and one made by Metra. From the pictures I've found of these 2, which by the way are pretty small, there looks to be a little difference between them. Anyone seen these both in person or have any opinions on one over the other? All help greatly appreciated.
By the way I'm replacing the 2 DIN stock unit in a 2001 Tib. Leaning towards the Pioneer DEH-P7700MP single DIN unit.
Thanks.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Don't get either, they look like crap, especially in a RD2.

Pick up a OEM setup, ask around here on the forums or look on ebay.

OR, if you post the part #'s you need, Kspec.com can get it for you.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

yeah I'd go with the OEM single din. it's a lot nicer.

What was that wesbite for part numbers?
it's somewhere on hmaservice.com

But, if you don't want to go that route, I've got the universal radio install kit thing I got at best buy a long time ago, I still have the single din dash piece. You'll just need some screws to put it in. If you want it for cheap let me know.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:57 PM

Probably a dumb question...I'm still a rookie when it comes to modding, but enjoy doing things myself and learning in the process.
Is the "OEM setup" or "OEM single din" you guys are talking about a kit/setup that will allow me to install an after-market stereo? If so, do you know the part number? I've done some searching on the net for more info and also went to hmaservice.com but haven't had much luck finding anything. Also, I want to swap the stock unit out ASAP since a lot of the buttons don't work and its driving me insane with all the time I spend commuting everyday. Thinking about buying one of these cheap kits (around $11-$15) so I can get a better stereo in my Tib, then continue my search for what you are recommending.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (hardate @ Jan 5 2006, 08:57 PM)
Is the "OEM setup" or "OEM single din" you guys are talking about a kit/setup that will allow me to install an after-market stereo?

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacture, or FACTORY PARTS for the lay person.

What we are talking about is getting the actual Hyundai parts that you need to do so.

If so, do you know the part number?

Getting part #'s is now a bit of a task, you have to go to Hyundaiusa.com , then go to owners and parts. Then you have to create a login, blah blah blah.

That's why, in the DIY (Do it Yourself) section of this site, I put up a thread with quick reference parts lists. You can find the part #'s in there EASILY.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:36 PM

I've used both the Metra and AI kits. Neither looks near as good as the stock single DIN fascia, and neither will hold your HU as securely. Pick one of those up, it's worth the extra cost.