Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Dash Install Help

Old 08-14-2008, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I managed to get the dash back in, but before i snapped it back into place i notced, luckily
that the air is not working in the car, the heater control cable is connected and im pretty sure
that all wires are plugged back in.. what else could cause the air not to work?? it worked fine before i
took the dash out... When i turn the air on and all the way up it feels like heat is coming out from the vents, but definately no air
some vents have cooler air coming from then than others.. Please help me out..
Old 08-14-2008, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

So pullit back out and check all of the connections. Something is either disconnected or not connected to the right connector, if they were, it all would work.

Doesn't matter if you think or KNOW you did it right, pull it out, check it again.

Also, your heater cable, the big one that goes down to the vent on the bottom, needs to be put through the right hole when inserting the dash back on, otherwise it binds and you can't turn it.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It's really fun when you thought you had it right, can turn the knob, and still don't have it adjusted properly. Ask me how I know. lmao.gif

Seriously, first thing you should check is the routing of the control cable.