Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Dash Help.......

Old 11-15-2001, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Dash Help.......

Okay..check it....every square inch of my interior is all white now except for the main part of the dash (airbag pad, and surrounding area) and the outter parts of my doors) Otherwise, everything is completely white (headliner, rear panels, hatch panels, inner parts of doors, gauge/radio cluster, glove box, entire center console). It's very similiar to what Long's car looks like now.

My question is....has anyone ever used some kind of color dye for the part of the dash I'm talking about? Where would I get dye that I could use on the dash? I basically want the ENTIRE thing white..not just the usual parts. Since the dash is black...I would assume I would have to dye the dash a couple of times to get it a nice bright white. Opinions? Suggestions? Thanx....
Old 11-15-2001, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen it done...but I'm not sure how. I figured they just took it to a shop and has it redone there
Old 11-15-2001, 12:49 PM

hey man what color face gauges do you have?
are they white?
I am still looking for white face gauges that light up red to match my interior.
I think that white would look phat! I remember priming my parts and saying that damn white looks tight, but you gotta take in consideration that it will et dirty ass hell! What kind of paint did you use? Regular spray can or automotive paint? I used spray can paint, and everyone who saw it said it looked tight. You gotta show some pics of your interior! I wanna see it. Good luck man.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:54 PM

Are you talking about the leather dash like the panel on the passenger side around and including the airbag? If so as goofy as it might sound since this is all leather you can bleach it you got go and spend $1 for a bottle of bleach and go to town it will take a few applications since you want to go from black to bright white but bleach will work.
Old 11-16-2001, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The only person I know who has done white was Long. He recoved his dash in white vinyl. That vinyl will not bleach white, your only options are to recover it, or paint it.
Old 11-17-2001, 12:27 AM

Sorry I though it would work my bad sad.gif .
Old 04-14-2003, 12:54 PM

One of my friends actually used some sort of dye to make his dash white; I remember it was specifically made to dye plastic, so it wouldn't crack and fade. Here's an old pic (the project wasn't finished yet):

I'll try to get the exact brand of stuff he used.

[ April 14, 2003, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Agarwal ]
Old 04-14-2003, 03:09 PM

You want some of this stuff VHT vinyl dye.

Ive used it before on a sunvisor and I was impressed how well it worked.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

DAMN!

Arg, that looks tight mang. Really.

Hey Visionz, post some pics of what you've got done. We never get to see your car man!
Old 04-15-2003, 01:19 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I was thinking I want to sand it and get that "Leather" texture off and then prime and paint so it looks like fiberglass. I think that would work right? Then it would be all shinny (cause of the clear coats, which there will be plenty of)

What about that Visionz or do you want the texture? I can actally get you high quaility leather in white. Then you could get it done with that. I have a whole big *** fabric shop in my factory. Any apolstry (spelling???) you need I can get free. **** you could do it in Snow Leopard, lol.