Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Custom ICE install

Old 10-10-2003, 10:03 AM
nik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i just finished my custom ICE install (custom sub box 50%fiberglass 50% mdf, new mdf floor and fake wall), took me awhile to complete it all tho

Old 10-10-2003, 10:23 AM

Default Custom ICE install

looks great, very clean and smooth. can you still get to the spare tire? or will that require takin out the sub?
Old 10-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

it looks as if he layed another piece of carpet over the existing (look at the amp on the back of the seat - carpet must be covering the spare tire since I can't see the panel outline).

Looks very nice. Easy and clean setup. Great job. But dude... your steering wheel is on the wrong side... hm... How much would it cost for me to do a drivers-side conersion? wink.gif

Are you able to easily remove it? I need to create a setup for my car where the subs would be easily removable (since I make so many trips to and from school, gotta carry my stuff and my girlfriend's crap).
Old 10-10-2003, 12:41 PM

^^^ that is why I am only going with a small sub tucked into the side...

Setup looks nice though.. exactly how long did it take you?
Old 10-10-2003, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Looks great Nik!
Old 10-10-2003, 01:56 PM
nik

yeah majik is correct the top layer is just a sheet of carpet held in place by the fake wall and the sub box, i found it finished it off better than the grey carpet below, yeah it all comes out just undo the 2 wires and pull the sub out - the fake wall does not come out mainly because of all the wiring involved, it can do but would not be worth the time for a little space, and anyway there is loads of space in the middle and they made back seats for a reason ;-), but its not quite finished i am getting 2 PG amps to run the front components and losing the alpine stuck on the seat.

it took a long time to complete but that was due to waiting for the 2nd amp and the sub, making the fiberglass back and sides for the sub-box took a day to complete, the base of the sub box took a few hours, the front wall took the longest due to the odd shape of the trunk and making sure the sub could fit, then had to then make a mold of the seat and fiberglass that as the sub was to long to use wood, the fake wall took a coupe of hours to make, all in all if u had all the equipment and everything ready at a time you could do it in a day or 2 if u rushed it

Old 10-10-2003, 02:46 PM

I wish I trusted myself to do fiberglass.... There are so many things I would like to do with it, but I have this fear.... 02.gif
Old 10-10-2003, 05:34 PM
nik

well this is the first time i ever touched the stuff, and if i can do it anyone can
Old 10-10-2003, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Not bad man.

But only 1 sub for a box that big, and 2 amps?

What am I missing?
Old 10-10-2003, 09:49 PM

QUOTE (nik)
well this is the first time i ever touched the stuff, and if i can do it anyone can

Cool! What did you use as a guide?