Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Custom Dash Builds

Old 04-05-2007, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

hey all!

Just wondering if anyone here has done a custom dash build, knows of a good concept, has some pictures, or links... I'm working on designing mine right now, and i'm just looking for some inspiration. I have a general idea of what i'd like, but new ideas are always welcome! Thanks in advance!
Old 04-05-2007, 03:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

With how unique the RD2 dash looks as it is, most everyone either paints it, or gets it done with a CF overlay. I went even more unique and got the KDM dash swap kit from Seoulfulracing.com . I've got some plans for a custom gauge cluster for mine, but I know nothing about FGing. I'm tempted to give it a shot on my own, or I can show you the idea I have and you can try it out. I think it would sell very well here.

Other than that, some folks will do the LCD in the airbag slots deal, and a few have done CarPC's molded into the OEM stereo slot. Others have put gauges in the air vent slots, but I personally like my AC and heat.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Talk to KuztomizedTib (<spell?). He has a nice custom interior with FG screens and the works lol. He'd be the one I would talk to if I was doing this sorta thing.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

REDZ, what do you mean you know nothing? Hmm, you owe me postage for those DVDs since you didn't watch them!!!

Lotus, as for a custom dash... I don't think anyone has done one yet. I've considered doing the door panel but I think the dash is good as is personally. Care to share your idea with the class on the dash?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:29 PM

For my crashpad ( the huuuge part of the dash) I used high build primer, and then Put a nice 35010 ebony black base with metal flake in the clear on it... Fiberglassed a 7' Monitor in the passenger air bag, Silver base with alsa candy green over top of it... Then for the smaller part of the dash, I did the candy and fiberglassed a ps2 in the glove box... I dont know if you're thinking of fabbing a whole new crashpad out of FG or if your talking more of what I did... Heres some pics (the car hasn't been cleaned since lol ignore the messiness) Also since this pic, I've made a carbon fiber ash tray and a carbon thing to take place of the cup holder ( I have so much wiring from my TV's and lights the cupholder always gave me a hard time going back in, I couldnt use it with my screen any ways).. Let me know if you want any more info.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:30 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Um.. not a complete custom dash, but i filled in the divot around the stereo with FG and installed my own.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:54 PM

I just got my carbon fiber dash in today. It depends on what you like. If you're a carbon fiber junkie, go with that, if not, I say paint it like the others do. It'll be cheaper in the long run.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:10 PM

I say if you're going carbon fiber, go the extra yard and do it big, I thought about doing my whole crashpad, and then the bigger part of the door panels and then doing the smaller part of door panels and smaller part of dash color matched, no one else has that.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:33 PM

Well, it depends on how your style is. The only cf i'm doing is done. (Hood and dash) Too much cf would kill my cars looks.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

more != better