Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Cup holder coasters

Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon
Default Cup holder coasters

So I got this idea from someone else and I was wondering if its being overly picky. I thought about getting a couple of those cheap cardboard coasters you see in bars and restaurants, cutting them so they are the exact diameter, and putting them in the car. Then if you have a drink that sweats from the humidity, it wont run down into the cup holder. The coaster will catch it. Good idea, or too picky?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:00 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Ehh. Water condensation in a plastic cup holder is easy enough to wipe out with a paper towel or cloth. Seems wet cardboard might make more of a mess to clean if you ask me. I think once you cut into a coaster, you're going to cut off that seal on the outside that creates somewhat of a moisture resistance. I think a microfiber towel in the glove box is an easier idea.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Wet cardboard turns into glue if you leave it to dry. Think: Basement floor 2 years after a flood. Scraping or re-dissolving is involved in removal.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:04 AM

Vehicle: 2002 hyundai accent

I got a free ones at a race a few years ago. for a car theyre made out of a hard material like ceramic or porcelon. I dont have any trouble with drinks sweating in my centerconsole.

By memory i believe it was the first NASCAR race to run on laborday here at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Your info sais your in Illinois. When Nascar comes to Chicagoland Speedway go down on Friday and Saturday. They usually park suoviner trailers all around the tracks during that weekend. The car and race sponsers give away tons of free stuff and you dont have to buy a ticket so it dont cost a dime to just walk around the trailers.