Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

crossover mounting and install

Old 12-10-2004, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: two pix of my tib

for those of you whom have component sets for the front speakers.... where did you mount the crossover that comes with them? im gonna be ripping my car apart tomorrow and i would like a general idea of where u guys mounted yours.... any hints or tips on the install would also be appreciated.

ohh... almost forgot. the back paneling over the 6x9's.... do you just pop the grill off the speaker or do you have to take the whole panel off?
Old 12-10-2004, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Guess the lyrics

where you put the crossover will depend on where you are mounting the tweeter. if you are mounting the tweeter in the dash, you can put the crossover under the dash. If you are mounting it on the door, then put it inside the door.

the back speaker grill, yeah it just pops out.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:33 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: crossover mounting and install

I mounted my crossovers in the pocket of the door. So you can see it when the door is open. The crossovers look too nice to hide somewhere out of sight. laugh.gif
Old 12-10-2004, 10:34 AM

Default Re: crossover mounting and install

well... since the front tweets will fit... i suppose i'd go ahead and mount them there. thing is, are the front tweeters in the car covered with their own grill? or just the felt thing. i think this project is gonna be more than i anticipated.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Adults only Forum?

I'm going to put my front x-overs in my glove box, and mount the rear ones on the back of one of my amp racks. So they will all be easily accessable for tuning pruposes.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:57 AM

Default Re: IM BACK! =P 12" woolfer help

im not wanting to get too friggin creative on this. im not that advanced when it comes to doing my own stuff..... i do appreciate the help though guys. if anyone has any other advice i would really appreciate it. im not doing the install till tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Adults only Forum?

I found that there was an area in the portion of the door towards the bottom away from the car (say its the drivers door-- its on the bottom left)-- i found it to be out of the way and plenty of room for my CDT x-over that I am using now-- but when i had a BIG audiobahn x-over, i actually placed it inside of the speaker hole... guess it depends on the size of the crossover.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Some nice Race Type Tiburons

i dunno... at most its 3 by 6 inches. its just the standard crossover that alpine uses with its component sets. but hey everyone thanks for the advice and stuff.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:27 PM

Default Re: WANTED: 97 tib CF hood

If you don't want to go to too much trouble, then mount them in the trunk.Only problem with that is you'll have to run a total of 4 sets of speaker wire to the front.But it's probably easier then figuring out where to put them up front. One set up I had was with the xover modules in the glove box. That's probably the best/easiest place as far as in the front.It really all depends on how much trouble you wanna go with it.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:10 PM

Default Re: what are the dyno's readings on stock RDs

I put mounted my tweets to the dash right next to the doors. So the most sensible place for me to put the x-over was inside the door. I talked to a few people about placement, at different audio stores, and they all said whatever i do keep them as close to the speakers as possible. So i would not recommend putting the x-overs for the front speaks all the way in the trunk. Thats like 20-30 ft of wire the signal has to travel through, resulting in a loss of signal strength. Also, make sure that the length of wire between the x-over and the tweet is the same length as the wire from the x-over to the mid driver. This wy the siganls arrive at the same time.