Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Crimestopper CS9228-mx4

Old 07-22-2004, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Springs and Struts?

just got this system, with the cs-785 remote start expansion module from my uncle for FREE. so many wires, looks like its gonna be a fun task.. tongue.gif

any tips on the install? i think im gonna be taking off my crash pad, ive done it once and it wasnt that big of a deal. ill have much easiers access to the firewall.

all in all, im pretty stoked about this. im gonna try and take some time off from work mid august do get EVERYTHING i have planned for the car completely DONE. i just bought all these things for the alarm system. it will kick ass lol.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...RK:MEWN:IT#feat

Old 07-22-2004, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Engine Cover

Good luck man!! Let us know how it goes.

These things have a ridiculous amount of wires. I have one installed in my car and they did not connect the thing to the fire wall so wires and a module keep falling down at my feet. I have to take care of that tonight or tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Springs and Struts?

thanks dude

also forgot to say, the remote start WILL work on my manual car. i got a neet little trick that i think will work just fine. think Magnetic reed switches. wink.gif
Old 07-22-2004, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Which One would you suggest???

8O Really?!

If you get a remote start to work on your car, let me know how!! I want a remote start bad!! That would take care of one of the 2 problems that I have with a manual tranny, the other being heavy traffic.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:44 PM

Default DIY - Fuel Pump Uprgrade

That is a crazy amount of wires!! How come your dash is completely removed? Is it required to take that much off for the alarm or was it already that way from previous work? I had a Viper 690xv installed and everything is secured tightly under the dash safe from theifs!!!
Old 07-22-2004, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Crimestopper CS9228-mx4

that was a pic from when i replaced my busted crash pad with a new one, everything is back together right now.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Shaved doorhandles and Remote Popper

Man, it pains me to look at that picture, makes me think of a car autopsy. Would like to know how hard it was to wire. When I get another Tib, I will have to find a new alarm so maybe this might be the one.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: NOPI St. Louis - THIS WEEKEND

omg thats a lot of wires.... and i was thinking of installing mine myself....not anymore.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Smoked Taillights *PICS*

honestly folks its not that hard, just time consuming of slow if you've never done it before.. took me 7 hs to do mine.. but i also took a lot of beer and food breaks..
just take your time with it and use your head... remember to test each wire first before you splice... specific wiring depends on your alarm, but most of the wires should be in the ignition wires bundle.. mine was twist tied so when i cut the tie, they all dropped and had plenty of wire to work with and splice... i used heat shrink as soders and me go together like a diabetic and Krispy Kreme donuts...
when running the wires through the firewall, i tied them to a flexible metal rod then slid it through, gets around the curve pretty good
I installed the power door locks myself so i wired the alarm straight to the actuators, so i don't know how to wire it to the stock setup
I'm working on a DIY with pcitures but i'm finding it hard to do for the alarm because every alarm is different.. so any ideas would be appreciated
Old 08-03-2004, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Alpine coupe

Oh man.... that alarm has more cable than the Halltech "standalone".....

You will have a lot of work to do with that.....