Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Couple Of Minor Things

Old 04-04-2007, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

I didnt want to have to make like 4 threads so I just do this one here instead.

When Meg left her ex we took a little 'collections' because he didnt pay any of the bills or shit, number one was interesting for me -

I hate Sony head units.. But.. It is a very high end one (over $300) and does sound ok. I mean not a patch on a alpine or eclipse or RF but for free I wont kick it out of bed.

I had to. I found out the hard way that my DVD unit isnt meant as a stand alone and has no filters in it whatsoever, this meant constant pops and farts from the system..

So the DVD now had no home. No problem, I never used the sodding glove anyway so let's rip it, strip it and put the player in there. And why I was at it I did it kameleon green - blue and did my heater knobs too (not shown).

Also used some wicked paint called Anodizer to do the H logo and put that on there, along with the only ratfink that will be on the car.

And I havent posted a pic of my car in ages but it has dramatically changed. Here you can see the black heads, black corners, black 100% scratch made grille and fogs and the hood pins. Vents are going in very soon and front bumper is being smoothed and worked on as we speak (weather stopped me today)

Old 04-04-2007, 03:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hoodpins on a stock hood?

BTW, isn't it hard to reach the stereo all the friggin way over there?
Old 04-04-2007, 04:35 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Looks to me like he installed the Sony deck in the stock location and just put his DVD player into the glovebox.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

The head unit is in the stock location yeah smile.gif dvd is in the glove and I have remotes for both and sensors on the top of the steering column... plus Meg usually loads the dvd hehe.

The hood wont be stock for too much longer, it's getting them vents and has been debadged so its kinda like a 'create your own' which is what I am aiming for.

September the tib is coming off the streets full time and we're gonna use meg's 01 sunfire as the DD car. The tib is getting something under the hood then, not sure what yet (SC TC or some kind of ram) but yeah itll be a weekend car.

I had to do the pins etc before the paint goes on as like my taurus it's irridescant and you cant repair it easy. I guess it's kinda kameleon but also does the deep hologram thing.

I dont think my tails will be overly legal either as with quite a few other things I have in mind so it wouldnt be a great idea to drive it full time anyways.

Also decided that Im going with 17" rims as the car wont be a daily driver so doesnt need to be overly comfy anymore smile.gif