Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Changed guages, speedo no work!!!

Old 05-15-2001, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed guages, speedo no work!!!

I changed my guages to the silver Shark racing ones (VERY NICE) but my speedometer needle is not moving!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anybody help me? Random? Anyone!!!??? I'm going to take it ALL back apart right now so I'll check back in a bit.....and , being that I'm terribly desperate, I'll post my phone # if anyone would like to call and help me =-) this is awful....hopefully it's something silly. 302-753-3735. Thanks everyone.

The guages Are phat though =-) eek.gif
Old 05-15-2001, 07:05 AM

Ok ok....I fixed it....it moves....but the **** is like 10mph to high...*shrug*...no time to fix it now...thats a project for another day =-)
Old 05-15-2001, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Okay, here's the deal.

Your speedo needle shouldn't be installed untill the key is in the ignition and the car turned on, but not running. (same with the Tacho needle)

Then install the speedo needle so that it LIGHTLY rests on the speedo rest pin, and press down on the "hub" of the needle with about 3-5 lbs of force. Any more than that and your speedo needle can go too deep.

Give this a try and lemme know if it works for you.

Tip....Leave the clear plastic cover off the gauges for the first week. This gives you a easy way of moving the needles to adjust them properly.

[ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 05-15-2001, 04:00 PM

Tip....Leave the clear plastic cover off the gauges for the first week.

Random, what you mean by leaving the clear plastic cover off the gauges for the first week? After a week and with proper adjustment we're suppose to apply the plastic cover back onto the face gauges?
Old 05-15-2001, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by KoreanShark:
Random, what you mean by leaving the clear plastic cover off the gauges for the first week? After a week and with proper adjustment we're suppose to apply the plastic cover back onto the face gauges?

There is a clear plastic cover over the gauges that prevents your hand from touching the gauges. Leave that part off while you are making sure you gauges are 100% correct. Once you are 100% positive that the Temp Gauge, Fuel gauge, Speedo, and Tacho are correct, you can re-install that clear plastic cover to protect the gauges and needles. Trust me. If it might save you from ripping your dash apart a couple of times (don't ask me how I know)

[ May 30, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 05-15-2001, 11:33 PM

[/QB]Trust me. If it might save you from ripping your dash apart a couple of times (don't ask me how I know)[/QB]

Oh I know, a royal pain in th'arse. I'd rather have a sharp stick in my eye

MiKE
Old 05-29-2001, 08:08 AM

anyone have any pics of SR gagues installed?
Old 05-29-2001, 11:28 AM

I do...I gotta get them scanned though *shrug*