Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Cd Player Problem

Old 12-02-2005, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

I have a problem with my CD player that I hope one of you stereo experts might be able to help me with. I have a 2000 Tiburon SE with the stock Clarion stereo. When playing a CD sometimes it will not play at all or takes several attempts to get started and sometimes lately, it will cut out when playing. Usually the unit shows an Error 3 or Error 6 which means a dirty or scratched CD (which is not the case) or the CD is installed upside down (also not the case). It's frustrating because there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it or specific CD's that are a problem. I'm wondering if the laser pick up is dirty and if so, is there a way to clean it?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:55 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

your laser lens is dirty or scratched. buy a new cd player fing02.gif
Old 12-02-2005, 03:09 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

clean your laser lens

When I bought my car my CD player (stock 2 din) played only 1 cd that was in (when I boought my Tibby). It didn't play any other CD I put in. It was pretty easy solution - taking out CD player, opening it and cleaning laser lens with cotton stick (those things that you clean your ears with smile.gif dunno how to call them) and some alcohol.

I know there are some cleaning CDs but I didn't used them cause I didn't have them.