Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Casualty Of War

Old 12-06-2006, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Well this has to be the most destructive component failure I have ever seen in 15 years of car audio.

Soon after dropping the ohm load into the components I noticed this sound.. It was kinda like a ripping sound lmao.gif

I knew that I had done the driver side speaker terminal damage, but it continued to play (allbeit very noisily lmao.gif )

So tonight I decided to find the fault and do an autopsy. I found the fault alright.. Here check this out, I will explain what happened below.

Basically when I dropped the ohm load the power into the speaker was so high that the tweeter seems to have heated up, caught on fire and melted itself off of the pole which it was glued into.

At which point it fell down and slapped against the speaker which has totally destroyed the cone lmao.gif

In this pic you can see how this happened, and how the aluminum coating over the card has completely exploded into shrapnel. Infact, all I could find of the coating was aload of glitter looking shit lmao.gif

Thankfully the new planet audios arrive tomorrow smile.gif
Old 12-06-2006, 08:06 PM

That's friggin awesome!

Good thing you have new ones coming!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:59 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

DOOD!!! if that's a dual voice coil, you need to run the voice coils in paralell. series always provides more bounce to the ounce.

My friend was showing off his crappy sounding system once, it was more then maxed out, and the voice coil actually shot across the parking lot.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:56 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

nah its single, the tweeters are mounted on poles..
Old 12-07-2006, 03:36 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

oh bugger lmao.gif lmao.gif